Factory bottle jack height a bit short

For my ZR2, I had to replace a flat tire (front left) during Chicken Corner ride.

Followed vehicle manual instructions and the OEM/Standard jack worked well. I used a traction board as the leveler. Only time I ever jacked up a vehicle out of my garage.
Interestingly, this was the first and easiest of all my off road rides in Moab and Colorado. Rest of the rides were without any spare and fortunately came out unscathed.

1000049597.jpg

For my ZR2, I had to replace a flat tire (front left) during Chicken Corner ride.

Followed vehicle manual instructions and the OEM/Standard jack worked well. I used a traction board as the leveler. Only time I ever jacked up a vehicle out of my garage.
Interestingly, this was the first and easiest of all my off road rides in Moab and Colorado. Rest of the rides were without any spare and fortunately came out unscathed.

View attachment 13234
I’m glad that worked out for you! Sounds like the jacks in the 1/2 tons are OK then. Just for clarity, this is the HD thread, which is what I was originally referring to. The 3/4 ton ZR2’s the Jack will not lift high enough as they sit much higher than the 1/2 ton’s.

I’m glad that worked out for you! Sounds like the jacks in the 1/2 tons are OK then. Just for clarity, this is the HD thread, which is what I was originally referring to. The 3/4 ton ZR2’s the Jack will not lift high enough as they sit much higher than the 1/2 ton’s.
Didn't notice that it was HD forum.

But anyways I am guessing that based on my experience, vehicle manufacturer may provide one that may work for that specific vehicle.

So yeah the whole point of this thread was that the manufacturer did NOT provide a jack that works on the OP's vehicle. YMMV on the half ton scene, but these HD trucks are a lot taller.
Didn't notice that it was HD forum.

But anyways I am guessing that based on my experience, vehicle manufacturer may provide one that may work for that specific vehicle.

View attachment 13234
i see some desert pinstriping on you rig...

Most Member Reactions

Back