17 Inch Wheels & Zone Leveling Kit

I am always confused when members say anything over 1” is a leveling kit. My understanding is 1.75” is well over level.
Yep, mine was only off 3/4 inch. You would need a larger block in the rear to be level.......unless you like the California Lean or the trophy truck look.

Anybody try this kit?

Also, being told 17 inch wheels are a gamble for hitting calipers...

So, I believe I have made up my mind and have some questions:

Peak 2.25" kit - Anyone know if they offer military discounts?

Method 305 with zero offset (Still deciding on color choice, would love to see pictures)

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac RT 295/70/18 (fit without trimming?)

My big question is can I put the Method 305s and Wrangler 295/70/18s on the truck BEFORE I have the kit installed? I ask because I don't want to buy wheels/tires from lift installers. I am planning to buy the wheel/tires from Discount Tire first so they can be on the truck when the install is done.

Thanks All,
Rick

Method 305 with zero offset (Still deciding on color choice, would love to see pictures)

My big question is can I put the Method 305s and Wrangler 295/70/18s on the truck BEFORE I have the kit installed? I ask because I don't want to buy wheels/tires from lift installers. I am planning to buy the wheel/tires from Discount Tire first so they can be on the truck when the install is done.

Thanks All,
Rick
There are pictures with Methods 305s installed. Yes you'll rub when you install 295s with 0 offset and wider wheels. Might not be enough to tear stuff up, but it could. I would proceed with caution.

There are pictures with Methods 305s installed. Yes you'll rub when you install 295s with 0 offset and wider wheels. Might not be enough to tear stuff up, but it could. I would proceed with caution.
Thanks Axe, appreciate the reply. So the next part of that question would be after the Peak kit is on and my installer makes minor trims, will that Goodyear tire and wheel combo not rub?

Thanks Axe, appreciate the reply. So the next part of that question would be after the Peak kit is on and my installer makes minor trims, will that Goodyear tire and wheel combo not rub?
You can search my detailed post on trimming for Method 305s -18 and 295s. I think some guys are not trimming after the level kit. Depends upon the tire and rim width. They all end up being a little different configuration. It's not hard to trim. I did all the hard work so you don't have to.

Thanks All,
Rick
I can't say for sure it won't rub, but I will share my experience with a similar setup. I put a 17x8.5 zero offset wheel on my truck with a 285/75 tire which is about half an inch taller but also about half an inch narrower than the 295/70 you're looking at. I do not experience any rub at all even under hard flex off road.

I can't say for sure it won't rub, but I will share my experience with a similar setup. I put a 17x8.5 zero offset wheel on my truck with a 285/75 tire which is about half an inch taller but also about half an inch narrower than the 295/70 you're looking at. I do not experience any rub at all even under hard flex off road.
When you say, similar setup.. are you running stock suspension or a level?

Which tires did you go with? Looking to do the same. Noticed there’s some minor size differences with different brands. If possible, would appreciate a pic so I can see before buying. TIA

Part way there, waiting on Peak kit

Attachments

• IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 44

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back