17" wheels

I’m doing a 6 inch lift from rough country, with the coilovers. Rough country is telling me 17 or 18s won’t fit due to the new placement of the tie rod even with negative backspacing. Anybody shed some light on this. I see that some of y’all made it work to get 17s.

I’m doing a 6 inch lift from rough country, with the coilovers. Rough country is telling me 17 or 18s won’t fit due to the new placement of the tie rod even with negative backspacing. Anybody shed some light on this. I see that some of y’all made it work to get 17s.
Don’t put Rough Country on a new truck. It’s junk and will compromise ride quality. Spend the extra money on BDS or McGaughys. Any reputable shop can help you with wheel size. And get a shop who has done your truck already. Don’t be their first.

Yeah, I hate to be that guy, but what’s the point of buying a ZR2 if you’re going to put a big 6” lift on it? Should have just bought a TB and put the savings into your parts. Anything more than 2-3” is going to require only an upper arm replacement and a minor lift kit. Hey, it’s your truck, your money, but you could have save a bunch of money just getting a TB.

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, I hate to be that guy, but what’s the point of buying a ZR2 if you’re going to put a big 6” lift on it? Should have just bought a TB and put the savings into your parts. Anything more than 2-3” is going to require only an upper arm replacement and a minor lift kit. Hey, it’s your truck, your money, but you could have save a bunch of money just getting a TB.
True, he could have saved money on the TB trim level but maybe he wanted the DSSV shocks and preferred the more aggressive off road appearance of the ZR2. Nothing wrong with lifting, it’s more common than not in our state. I just don’t want him to buy a lift kit that will negatively impact the ZR2 handling and suspension.

Replika r245 17" wheels fit stock 2023 Silverado ZR2
R245-1780-83BN+24C780

Most Member Reactions

Back