6.2 active exhaust

philbun

Reaction score
What is GM doing to the exhaust (active exhaust) It’s a $350 option and sounds pretty good from what I’ve heard on YouTube. I know it needs to be in sports mode. I wonder if you add it later. Any thoughts? Thank you

It’s essentially tuning which invokes a mechanical flap to “open up” the exhaust giving it a loader and deeper tone. Just a heads up, none of us have Sports Mode or Active Exhaust, it’s a new option for ZR2s on ‘24 models. I would love for them to add Sports Mode to previous years via an update…but not holding my breath.

i agree..my 2021 denali 5.3 had sports mode.

It’s essentially tuning which invokes a mechanical flap to “open up” the exhaust giving it a loader and deeper tone. Just a heads up, none of us have Sports Mode or Active Exhaust, it’s a new option for ZR2s on ‘24 models. I would love for them to add Sports Mode to previous years via an update…but not holding my breath.

I'm glad you brought this up, I was gonna go crazy looking for that sports mode more on my 2022.

I had something similar on my Camaro SS 1LE, but the flaps click as they age. It is cool, but I hope they worked out the clicking probelm.

Reactions: AXE
Sport mode is tow/haul, manual L1-L5, rpms 3500 to 5500.......that and Magnaflow exhaust adds 50 HP........don't care what securityguy says......it does......let 'er buck!
I was driving my wife's 23 Tahoe the other night and it has the same 6.2L and electronics. In the mode dial, there are four settings, Sport, Normal, Tow, Offroad. Sport definitely changes RPMs and shift points and feels more agressive.

Sport mode is tow/haul, manual L1-L5, rpms 3500 to 5500.......that and Magnaflow exhaust adds 50 HP........don't care what securityguy says......it does......let 'er buck!
My wife doesn't care what I say either so feeling right at home here guys ;)

Most Member Reactions

Back