Autostop Eliminator

My first day on this forum, haven't read 'em all yet!
Thanks for the link!!
Happy to help. I have used the Auto S/S Eliminator in other vehicles and they work great. Just no reason at all in these trucks to do all that work to disassemble the dash when it takes 5 minutes to install the one I linked to and it's super easy to remove if needed as well. It installs right at the battery.

I can honestly say these panels come off so very easy. One 7mm nut driver was the only tool needed during the entire process. I definitely wouldn't pay more for something else.

I can honestly say these panels come off so very easy. One 7mm nut driver was the only tool needed during the entire process. I definitely wouldn't pay more for something else.
👆🏼this! Less expensive and nothing to draw a tech’s attention to to blame problems on.

The main difference here is:
  • The AutoStop Eliminator retains the functionality of the AutoStart switch in the cab, but requires you to remove the screen to access the harness to plug it in. Plug and play, but requires some disassembly to get to the plug-in. In my install experience, it took me about 45 minutes to install. It basically "remembers" the last state of the button from the last time that the vehicle was driven, and sets it every time the vehicle is started. In my opinion, this makes the truck function like it should from the factory, where when you set the switch in the cab, it stays that way - that's how it works for other features, like 4WD. I don't want to press the 4WD button each time that I start my truck in the winter, it just remembers what it was the last time and stays that way, but I still want the buttons in the cab to control the activation of 4WD and 2WD.
  • The SmartStopStart disables the AutoStop (regardless of the button in the cab). Easier to install since you don't have to remove the dash, but if you find yourself wanting to turn the AutoStop back on, you're opening the hood because the cab button now no longer works. More expensive than the AutoStop Eliminator, and feels more like a hack, but definitely is easier to install.
Basically, if I took option #1, and I sold my truck, I wouldn't feel like I needed to remove it prior to delivering to the new owner. If I went with option #2 and I sold my truck, I'd pull it out so I didn't get questions on why the button in the cab doesn't work.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back