Axle noise on new Silverado zr2

Marthur333

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with rear axle making loud noises on Silverado zR2. If I grab my rear tire and push back you can hear loud banging noise. Took the tire off and grab the lugs. The axle moves up and down making banging noise. This is both right and left side of the axle.

Also going over small speed bump around 10 mph, the right side front suspension makes this loud thump noise, as if the front end is falling off.

I have nothing but GM trucks all my life and this thing is embarrassing to drive around. I Only has 3,000 miles on it and the only place it has been off a paved road is a rock parking lot at the ball park.

Any help is greatly appreciated before I bring it to chevy and have to deal with this back and forth.

It’s not the rear left springs, I have dealt with that on my 2017 gmc Denali truck. That took months before they decided to just replace them.

Reactions: AXE
Anyone having issues with rear axle making loud noises on Silverado zR2. If I grab my rear tire and push back you can hear loud banging noise. Took the tire off and grab the lugs. The axle moves up and down making banging noise. This is both right and left side of the axle.

Also going over small speed bump around 10 mph, the right side front suspension makes this loud thump noise, as if the front end is falling off.

I have nothing but GM trucks all my life and this thing is embarrassing to drive around. I Only has 3,000 miles on it and the only place it has been off a paved road is a rock parking lot at the ball park.

Any help is greatly appreciated before I bring it to chevy and have to deal with this back and forth.

It’s not the rear left springs, I have dealt with that on my 2017 gmc Denali truck. That took months before they decided to just replace them.
Check out with dealership as it is under warranty.

MIght be some bad hardware or perhaps didn't get torqued properly. It's odd that it's happening at 3 corners. May be some driveline issues.

Nevertheless, I would not drive it much. It could be a huge risk if something comes apart.

Mine has been in shop for weeks for rear end clunking. Something tied in with drive train, gets more frequent as speed increases. Dealer replaced entire rear diff and still did not fix. In shop again now.

Mine has been in shop for weeks for rear end clunking. Something tied in with drive train, gets more frequent as speed increases. Dealer replaced entire rear diff and still did not fix. In shop again now.
Awesome SMH. Keep me updated please on the outcome. Mine is only at low speeds that I can hear.

Awesome SMH. Keep me updated please on the outcome. Mine is only at low speeds that I can hear.
Update: truck was in the shop for a week and the outcome is…… same as my old 2017 gmc truck ( rear leaf springs). They ordered a 12pk of “ZRX” rubber spacers. ZRX is the code for the ZR2 suspension. The parts have not came in yet so we shall see if it makes noise.

It’s definitely not just my truck. They gave me a new truck off the line to drive while mine was in the shop and lol yup that truck sounded just as bad lol.

I will post when they put the new parts on and if it clears it up.

They did say when they looked at my leaf springs, it’s the same ones off the new 2500 trucks. Good for me then lol

Mine is doing the same and yes parts are on order just wanting to know if it is a perment fix or will the noise come back
. my unit only has 4500 miles

Mine is doing the same and yes parts are on order just wanting to know if it is a perment fix or will the noise come back
. my unit only has 4500 miles
Last week it went into the shop to install the new leaf spacers. Noise is gone. Looking at the spacer i don’t think it will last long but we shall see. I did buy the leaf spacer you see online for leaf springs noise just in case down the road it does it again. They said axle movement was in spec.

But it’s all fixed.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back