Cameras / wheel cameras.

Scavenger

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I've had my zr2 for about a week now and the day I picked it up from dealership I've had an issue with the rear wheel view cameras. I didn't think anything of it at first and just assumed it might have just needed to be cleaned off.

I've attached photos. Comparison photo of the fronts inciuded as well. Im assuming the camera that presents the view of the truckbed/bumper also renders the rear wheel location so I've included that photo as well, and the grainyness is still present. What are my options here? Is this something the dealership should take care of?

To top things off this light popped on when I was leaving the store today. A quick Google search tells me it's the autonomous energy braking system, and has been deactivated. I'm not sure how I did that, nor do I know how to turn it back on.

Attachments

• 20220620_165843.jpg
    20220620_165843.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 20220620_165946.jpg
    20220620_165946.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220620_165830.jpg
    20220620_165830.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220620_170944.jpg
    20220620_170944.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hey all. I've had my zr2 for about a week now and the day I picked it up from dealership I've had an issue with the rear wheel view cameras. I didn't think anything of it at first and just assumed it might have just needed to be cleaned off.

I've attached photos. Comparison photo of the fronts inciuded as well. Im assuming the camera that presents the view of the truckbed/bumper also renders the rear wheel location so I've included that photo as well, and the grainyness is still present. What are my options here? Is this something the dealership should take care of?

To top things off this light popped on when I was leaving the store today. A quick Google search tells me it's the autonomous energy braking system, and has been deactivated. I'm not sure how I did that, nor do I know how to turn it back on.

I have the same grainy look on my rear wheel cameras, and I'm gonna assume all do. Likely due to the zoom from the side mirrors to the rear wheels being much further than to the front wheels.

Last edited:
I have the same grainy look on my rear wheel cameras, and I'm gonna assume all do. Likely due to the zoom from the side mirrors to the rear wheels being much further than to the front wheels.
Yeah, I guess I should have asked that in my initial post, if this was pretty standard across the board. The salesman mentioned something about it being odd when we were going over some of the features and functionality inside the truck, and I've never had anything with this level of technology so I wasn't sure if this was typical or not. If that's the case, I won't worry much about it.

Yeah, I guess I should have asked that in my initial post, if this was pretty standard across the board. The salesman mentioned something about it being odd when we were going over some of the features and functionality inside the truck, and I've never had anything with this level of technology so I wasn't sure if this was typical or not. If that's the case, I won't worry much about it.

And the light that popped up is for the Forward Collision Alert (FCA), see pages 293-295 of the owner manual:

I've looked it over but I'm not seeing any reason why it would now show the light on the dash?
Take it in to the dealer. It's probably the camera for the lane assist collision avoidence. Speaking from experience as they just replaced my camera last week. It's the one in with the rear view mirror.
Mine first failed at 600 miles and took 4 trips to the dealer to finally get diagnosed properly and repaired.

It's normal. Every 2022 refresh truck I've tested is the same. The image quality of those cameras is just bad compared to the rest. I'm assuming because they have to zoom to the wheels.

It’s a zoomed image from a relatively low resolution camera.

It’s also the reason the Center screen doesn’t allow full image display from any angle. It’s limited by sensor resolution.

I believe the wheel cameras only exist to complete the above vehicle image, not for actual viewing

I believe the wheel cameras only exist to complete the above vehicle image, not for actual viewing

They do have 2 camera pages/views dedicated for them though.
I find them quite helpful when needing to park close to a curb, even the grainy rear wheel view is good enough for that.

Like others have said, the wheel cameras, especially the rear are zoomed in pictures from under the side mirror. You aren't going to get good quality no matter what. There is nothing wrong with them.

Most Member Reactions

Back