Chevy Reliability: Next to what brand? 😁

sardarjee

Reaction score
Let's assume dependability and reliability have the same meaning.
1000042118.png

I mean that's kinda of cool, but how do they score it? Are they going off of recalls, trips to the dealer or actual down time? I feel like if 20 guys have a blown engine but 300 get a recall. The brand with 300 should win, lol

Let's assume dependability and reliability have the same meaning.
View attachment 10290
The problem with that list is I don't see a 75 International Harvestor on it. There hasn't been a reliable vehicle made since May 5th of that year. They haven't depreciated at all. You want one, it's the same money you paid 49 years ago.

And if you do it right, you can get a pair of Daisy Duke's and some shit kickers for your good taste!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240215_181313_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240215_181313_Google.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 46
The problem with that list is I don't see a 75 International Harvestor on it. There hasn't been a reliable vehicle made since May 5th of that year. They haven't depreciated at all. You want one, it's the same money you paid 49 years ago.

And if you do it right, you can get a pair of Daisy Duke's and some shit kickers for your good taste!
god bless this country and god bless her parents!!!

I mean that's kinda of cool, but how do they score it? Are they going off of recalls, trips to the dealer or actual down time? I feel like if 20 guys have a blown engine but 300 get a recall. The brand with 300 should win, lol
It's JD Powers......it's how many contributions you make to their "associates" and how well you lobby.

GM could only afford one brand, so GMC and Cadilac are sucking hind tit!

Here we go ...

Here we go ...
I seen that a while back. The preliminary design seems really authentic and nice. I don't hate electric cars, but they haven't figured out how to make them affordably yet. Low volume suggests very high prices. I bet they sell them for $100k. They need to be sub $70k, but I doubt they can get there in today's world.

I seen that a while back. The preliminary design seems really authentic and nice. I don't hate electric cars, but they haven't figured out how to make them affordably yet. Low volume suggests very high prices. I bet they sell them for $100k. They need to be sub $70k, but I doubt they can get there in today's world.
@AXE they can get there with the price but I don’t think we would want them after they cut all the corners.

Tells me that GM cars are more reliable than trucks and SUVs.
Not sure I’m following? If I’m reading the graph correctly at least? I thought it odd that Chevrolet was on one side of the study average and GMC on the other…how’s that tied to cars vs trucks and SUVs?

Not sure I’m following? If I’m reading the graph correctly at least? I thought it odd that Chevrolet was on one side of the study average and GMC on the other…how’s that tied to cars vs trucks and SUVs?
Chevy line up has cars where GMC does not. As the vehicle platforms shared across brands(trucks and SUVs) are more or less identical, this tells me that the cars are making Chevy more favorable as it is the only real difference between the two. Assuming the reliability of the trucks and SUVs are very similar, cars can be concluded as being more reliable and skewing the numbers in Chevy's favor.

Of course, without the underlying data, this is only a logical assumption and it could very well be something else. Like GMC owners being more entitled and reporting more issues 🤣.

Chevy line up has cars where GMC does not. As the vehicle platforms shared across brands(trucks and SUVs) are more or less identical, this tells me that the cars are making Chevy more favorable as it is the only real difference between the two. Assuming the reliability of the trucks and SUVs are very similar, cars can be concluded as being more reliable and skewing the numbers in Chevy's favor.

Of course, without the underlying data, this is only a logical assumption and it could very well be something else. Like GMC owners being more entitled and reporting more issues 🤣.
Makes sense 👍

Most Member Reactions

Back