Dirt King ZR2 build video

Watching them cut the bumpers hurt me inside a little. It may just be me, but I don’t understand buying a ZR2 and then removing the DSSV dampers? Why not just buy a trail boss and not pay the extra money on the suspension if you’re just going to change it out? What’s the benefit here that I’m missing…?

Watching them cut the bumpers hurt me inside a little. It may just be me, but I don’t understand buying a ZR2 and then removing the DSSV dampers? Why not just buy a trail boss and not pay the extra money on the suspension if you’re just going to change it out? What’s the benefit here that I’m missing…?
Yeah, no, I totally winced when they stated trimming. But it seems like for most aftermarket bumper makers it’s the only option with the ZR2, with it‘s unique grill. I think it’d be cost prohibitive for most fabricators to either machine or mold a bumper to match the lines, so it’s unfortunately the easiest solution. That being said, once the used car market cools down and a used ZR2 becomes reasonable I can see a lot of people willing to hack away at their trucks, like when the Raptor entered it’s second and third generations.
But I can’t compute why anyone would want to replace their DSSV shocks, other than to clout chase with another brand. That is bizarre in my book. Either way, I wanted to post this to show there’s some after market support for an already kitted out truck.

Yeah, no, I totally winced when they stated trimming. But it seems like for most aftermarket bumper makers it’s the only option with the ZR2, with it‘s unique grill. I think it’d be cost prohibitive for most fabricators to either machine or mold a bumper to match the lines, so it’s unfortunately the easiest solution. That being said, once the used car market cools down and a used ZR2 becomes reasonable I can see a lot of people willing to hack away at their trucks, like when the Raptor entered it’s second and third generations.
But I can’t compute why anyone would want to replace their DSSV shocks, other than to clout chase with another brand. That is bizarre in my book. Either way, I wanted to post this to show there’s some after market support for an already kitted out truck.
Why buy a bicycle when you can buy … a tricycle… and turn it into a bicycle. Saw a low rider Trail Boss the other day. Mind boggling.

I'm just looking forward to when someone can create an aftermarket winch bumper. I don't necessarily need a lift, but want to clear 35" tires. So always good to see someone doing it. Although I wouldn't get rid of the DSSV shocks.

Reactions: AXE
I'm just looking forward to when someone can create an aftermarket winch bumper. I don't necessarily need a lift, but want to clear 35" tires. So always good to see someone doing it. Although I wouldn't get rid of the DSSV shocks.
After pulling my lower bumper fascia to Line X it, i notice a nice place in that void for a winch. You could leave it off and have a great place to mount a winch off the frame. With a little fab work, it would look and function great.

Most Member Reactions

Back