Do you name your rigs?

NullNomad

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but decided to start a dedicated one to the subject instead of hijacking.

I’ve always named and had a theme for all of my cars/trucks/jeeps over the years. I enjoy having a little fun with life and my approach to stuff like this is no exception. With my ZR2, I love the white on black with the red accents, combined with me going with a “babymax” 3.0 the name and theme jumped out pretty quick.

Baymax

There’s a local guys thats done vinyl work for me off and on over the years and we have a mock-up of the logo that will go on the bed. Just need to make the drive to get it all taken care of, but life keeps getting in the way.

IMG_1750.jpeg

Anyone else do goofy things like this?

My old truck was just Bessie, sturdy and dependable, not too bad looking in her day.
Original Legend.jpg

The new one has been nicknamed StormTrooper for the color scheme... and because Stormtroopers can't hit anything, so I am hoping it will keep me from, or anyone else from, hitting me. So far, so good, not even a door ding yet (knock wood)

Real_SideView.jpg

1717086566900.png

My friends named my old truck Bane and it was a midnight edition. I had a suburban for 20 years and everyone called her Betsy. It was like family, we where doing lots of work out town and work buddies would catch a 400 or 500 mile ride and say “Is Betsy all ready”, Betsy this and that like she was part of the team.
Traded it in at 292,000 miles and was so well maintained that still got 7k trade in. Only paid 32k out the door new. 21 years of good times. My buddies have decided that the new zR2 2500 should be called Monster Bane. Ive had dozens of vehicles that never got names. 😄

My old truck was just Bessie, sturdy and dependable, not too bad looking in her day.
View attachment 13338
The new one has been nicknamed StormTrooper for the color scheme... and because Stormtroopers can't hit anything, so I am hoping it will keep me from, or anyone else from, hitting me. So far, so good, not even a door ding yet (knock wood)

View attachment 13339
View attachment 13346
And now all I can think of is Storm Trooper when I see a white and black truck 😂

I don't unless I am trying out a dad joke. But my son names all of his. And the names are 100 percent random and make no sense. His first one he named Steve. Luckily he totaled Steve pretty quick. The name bugged me. I need a reason...

I mentioned this in another thread, but decided to start a dedicated one to the subject instead of hijacking.

I’ve always named and had a theme for all of my cars/trucks/jeeps over the years. I enjoy having a little fun with life and my approach to stuff like this is no exception. With my ZR2, I love the white on black with the red accents, combined with me going with a “babymax” 3.0 the name and theme jumped out pretty quick.

Baymax

There’s a local guys thats done vinyl work for me off and on over the years and we have a mock-up of the logo that will go on the bed. Just need to make the drive to get it all taken care of, but life keeps getting in the way.

View attachment 13336

Anyone else do goofy things like this?
i have never named my rigs. i may rethink it now after reading these responses.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back