Glacier Blue Metallic¹ Silverado ZR2 Photos

Hang in there, maybe they'll call you back in a few days to close the deal before the end of the month.
They have the truck that I’d like there without the multiflex tailgate. That’s a dealbreaker for me. Or they were offering me a truck from another dealer they’d trade for but it had the aluminum machined wheels and some cheaper looking side steps but had the multiflex tailgate. Those were deal breakers too. That truck was 3500 more but I’d have to spend the money after for black wheels and different steps. That didn’t seem to make sense for me. Oh well. Love y’all’s trucks. Enjoy them

I asked about getting a multiflex on the truck on their lot and they said like $6k. I know that’s them not wanting to do it. And I understand that. What are they going to do with an extra blue tailgate lying around.

They have the truck that I’d like there without the multiflex tailgate. That’s a dealbreaker for me. Or they were offering me a truck from another dealer they’d trade for but it had the aluminum machined wheels and some cheaper looking side steps but had the multiflex tailgate. Those were deal breakers too. That truck was 3500 more but I’d have to spend the money after for black wheels and different steps. That didn’t seem to make sense for me. Oh well. Love y’all’s trucks. Enjoy them

I asked about getting a multiflex on the truck on their lot and they said like $6k. I know that’s them not wanting to do it. And I understand that. What are they going to do with an extra blue tailgate lying around.
I am not a fan of the multi-flex. It traps all types of debris in the cracks where the panels fold and folks on the Chevy forums have had issues with them. I was happy to find mine with the standard tailgate. If you put a ball on the hitch receiver and drop the tailgate, you will also damage the tailgate.

No, the Multiflex tailgate really is that expensive if you try to buy it through parts. You have to buy all of the parts for it separately as it's not available as one unit. It's something like $4,500-$5k just in parts and then you have the paint and body and labor to install it and then hopefully program the truck so that the electronics will work.

No, the Multiflex tailgate really is that expensive if you try to buy it through parts. You have to buy all of the parts for it separately as it's not available as one unit. It's something like $4,500-$5k just in parts and then you have the paint and body and labor to install it and then hopefully program the truck so that the electronics will work.
This is correct. When I was calling around look for a ZR2 most of the ones with deals did not have the multiflex tailgate. This was a deal breaker for me. The jump from the bed to the ground is not healthy for a dog and I didn't want to mess with ramps and/or lifting. (Before the comments start no dogs will travel in the bed.)

I called a local dealer and asked if I could order the multiflex tailgate afterwards. He explained that you can't order the tailgate as a single unit. They do this to prevent the obvious complaints if a tailgate is damaged in an accident and the response is "I know only one tiny piece was damaged but we are going to have to replace the whole thing". So they would have to order it by parts and it would easily be $5K+.

FINALLY! It happened! Ordered 1-23-2022, received by GM 5-4-22. Purchased on 3-17-23, St. Patrick's Day. We have a lot of aftermarket to do, and I will post as I do these steps. Thank you, to @GearheadSS, for putting up with all my requests for updates!

Attachments

• 20230317_092151.jpg
    20230317_092151.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 77
FINALLY! It happened! Ordered 1-23-2022, received by GM 5-4-22. Purchased on 3-17-23, St. Patrick's Day. We have a lot of aftermarket to do, and I will post as I do these steps. Thank you, to @GearheadSS, for putting up with all my requests for updates!
Congratulations! You will love it! You have a hell of a lot more patience than I do to wait that long. Once I decide I want something I have to get a deal fairly quickly.

Glad you finally got it! Congrats.

Most Member Reactions

Back