GOING TO MOAB AREA/ UTAH 12-7 to 12-11

MNNJR69

Reaction score
So I've talked to a few fellas in the group already and I'm waiting to hear back on the final word.
Please, If anybody would like to join in, that would be cool to hit a trail with a few people. Come join in the fun!
Shoot me a PM.

December 8th is the wife's birthday and it'll be a nice getaway to go camp and hit the trails. We plan on camping the entire time on BLM land.

That is on my to do list for sure! Gotta get my rig ready, need stuff. Basically starting from scratch... Step one, get a rack system that fits a Retrax rail system...

This is what I have and it's a solid rack.... Congratulations on your new truck. It's a fantastic 4x4

awesome. thanks for the heads up. seems tall. I say that due to both my garage and parking at work are 6'-8". I barely clear at work. Is the rack at all able to lower a tad? Maybe IF this foot can be not used, I may have the clearance needed.

1701273547300.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes you will not clear most parking garages. The only reason I chose the tall rack was to clear the cameras for an unobstructed view. They do sell shorter racks though. The height is a personal preference I believe. Although it won't fit in most parking garages here, it's still goes through the carwash which is a bonus, but I'm adding two 30-in light bars on top of the rack as well, should make it another 6 to 8 in higher. It will still fit into my carport. I'll send some pictures when I get the lights put on and some measurements

Reactions: AXE
Yes you will not clear most parking garages. The only reason I chose the tall rack was to clear the cameras for an unobstructed view. They do sell shorter racks though. The height is a personal preference I believe. Although it won't fit in most parking garages here, it's still goes through the carwash which is a bonus, but I'm adding two 30-in light bars on top of the rack as well, should make it another 6 to 8 in higher. It will still fit into my carport. I'll send some pictures when I get the lights put on and some measurements
Yeah, I hear ya. I want to find a rack that fits the Retrax rails, is convertable (height/length) and versatile. More homework.

So I've talked to a few fellas in the group already and I'm waiting to hear back on the final word.
Please, If anybody would like to join in, that would be cool to hit a trail with a few people. Come join in the fun!
Shoot me a PM.

December 8th is the wife's birthday and it'll be a nice getaway to go camp and hit the trails. We plan on camping the entire time on BLM land.
jealous....

Doesn't the east coast have some nice wheeling? Not MOAB for sure but you have more wheeling there than I do in "I own everything" texas.... Far from when I lived in Colorado.... Miss that,

Appalachian mountain range. That runs from New York to Georgia, anywhere around that string of states should have some good trails.

Doesn't the east coast have some nice wheeling? Not MOAB for sure but you have more wheeling there than I do in "I own everything" texas.... Far from when I lived in Colorado.... Miss that,
PA prob has the best as im an avid ATV guy. NY State over the last decade has become IMO anti anything offroad. atv and sled trails once groomed and managed by fish and wildlife are dwindling. Tree huggers seem to be winning.

Well, as I have zero camping equip, zero setup for a trip like that, I will have to pass and get my ducks in a row for next time. Enjoy! I know I would!
when i ATV for the weekend, i have custom mattress for rear seat or bed. portable shower , beer and food. not much needed to self contain in the ZR2 for a few days. now a tent would be alot nicer for more than a weekend!!!

That's our setup. And they just permanently closed over 700 miles of trails near Moab. About 1/3 of all trails shut down by land lovers...

EDIT not 700 miles, but 317 miles of trails. My typo

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_182725486_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230416_182725486_HDR.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Well, as I have zero camping equip, zero setup for a trip like that, I will have to pass and get my ducks in a row for next time. Enjoy! I know I would!

It has taken years of camping to fine tune our setup the way we like and what the truck will haul in/out. Start with a tent and a sleeping bag or some blankets and an air mattress and a few survival tools and a shovel and you can camp just about anywhere

Most Member Reactions

Back