Hello from the FNG

Thadius

Reaction score
Hey All,
Gotta say, I love a good forum. Previous owner of every brand of car out there. Venturing back into truck territory and am about to pull the trigger on a 1500 Zr2 Bison Duramax in Slate Grey. I think chevy did a great job on this truck. Def more Bad a$$ factor than the other brands. Aside from the crap Bose system, anything else I need to know about these trucks so I'm not surprised?

Side question:
What are other duramx owners ACTUALLY getting on MPG?

Cheers!

Welcome to the ZR2Forum!
I am getting about 24 on mine over the life, I do a lot of short tripping so if you run longer routes you could get higher.
You do need to be very gentle to get good numbers, if you drive it in even a slightly fun manner your MPG's will drop quite rapidly, but goose it to get up to speed and then let it upshift and lug you along you can get excellent mileage, not as good as the un-lifted trucks with front air dams (like an RST for instance), but still very good for a lifted truck with zero aerodynamics. If you run 55-ish and don't get into 10th gear (don't ask me why, though I have my suspicions, but you can get better MPG in 9th than 10th unless you're doing over 70+ and then MPG dives hard anyway) you can get crazy good numbers as seem from mine below.

25 mile.jpg

50 mile.jpg

450 mile.jpg

Hey All,
Gotta say, I love a good forum. Previous owner of every brand of car out there. Venturing back into truck territory and am about to pull the trigger on a 1500 Zr2 Bison Duramax in Slate Grey. I think chevy did a great job on this truck. Def more Bad a$$ factor than the other brands. Aside from the crap Bose system, anything else I need to know about these trucks so I'm not surprised?

Side question:

Cheers!
Welcome - I’m getting 19’ish in town, 24’ish highway - I am not gentle and my highway speeds are most often well above the sweet spot.

I had a ‘22 zr2 - lifetime average was 14.5 mpg after 10k miles. I’ve got 4k on this truck and its lifetime is 19.1 - I do anticipate after more break, after winter when I’m not idling as much, and a longer trip or two that average creeps up a bit.

In the end, I honestly don’t expect to save a bunch of money but the range per tank is the big game changer mileage wise.

Attachments

• Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 11:32 AM.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey All,

Side question:

Cheers!
2024 with 2100 miles on babymax. 25.5 average, 28 best

These trucks are really nice and perform well in all kinds of driving conditions. Suspension can't be beat.

The most common complaint is electronic gremlins. Most are annoying issues with infotainment system like sound cutting in and out and Bluetooth connectivity. Some have had electronic part failures like fuel pump control module.

I think the 24s infotainment system seems more stable. May be that they are just too new, but not many complaints on those.

Most Member Reactions

Back