Just gave her a full detail and CERAMIC RECHARGE!

securityguy

Reaction score
ZR2 Ceramic Refresh.jpg

Shines like a mirror!

what ceramic did you use/process? this is my first non black vehicle and the North Sky is almost as tough...maybe a little easier to clean. rig looks good.
I used gtechniq Crystal Serum Light on my truck and Fireball Butterfly on my daughters new SUV. On black, and most all dark colors, it may make sense to do some paint correction using a high quality polish and orbital polisher. I like 3D products that are available of Autogeek. If you feel you need paint correction, that takes far longer than just ceramic coating the vehicle since you are polishing the paint to a mirror-like finish. It also helps get rid of the orange peel look. Once you ceramic coat a vehicle, or have someone do it for you, you will never have another vehicle again without it. Far superior to anything else you can put on your paint. It's not hard at all and there are a ton of YouRube vids showing you how to do it correctly.

I used gtechniq Crystal Serum Light on my truck and Fireball Butterfly on my daughters new SUV. On black, and most all dark colors, it may make sense to do some paint correction using a high quality polish and orbital polisher. I like 3D products that are available of Autogeek. If you feel you need paint correction, that takes far longer than just ceramic coating the vehicle since you are polishing the paint to a mirror-like finish. It also helps get rid of the orange peel look. Once you ceramic coat a vehicle, or have someone do it for you, you will never have another vehicle again without it. Far superior to anything else you can put on your paint. It's not hard at all and there are a ton of YouRube vids showing you how to do it correctly.
all good info. while my rig is a 22, i got it as a leftover and am 9 months in. no paint correction other than hood recall lol. i wanna get it ready for the battery acid they spread on the roads here for snow. well done bro! thanks

My 22 sat around for 5 months at dealer. It looked clean but didn't feel clean. It had some imperfections.

I used a DeWalt cordless orbital. Used some Chemical guys pads and some 3M polish. Not it with Mcquire's Ultimate Polish. It took about 3 hours, but had several spots where there seemed to be sticky residue. My boys helped, so it wasn't as tiring, as it is a fair amount of work.

Looked great after the polish and put on some Adam's ceramic that my boys used on their rigs. Works well to repel dust and grime. Will do another coat this fall.

I had quotes of $1-2k for paint and ceramic. I want paying that much and then having to pay for yearly refreshes.

Attachments

• 20230326_174852.jpg
    20230326_174852.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 38
all good info. while my rig is a 22, i got it as a leftover and am 9 months in. no paint correction other than hood recall lol. i wanna get it ready for the battery acid they spread on the roads here for snow. well done bro! thanks

My 22 sat around for 5 months at dealer. It looked clean but didn't feel clean. It had some imperfections.

I used a DeWalt cordless orbital. Used some Chemical guys pads and some 3M polish. Not it with Mcquire's Ultimate Polish. It took about 3 hours, but had several spots where there seemed to be sticky residue. My boys helped, so it wasn't as tiring, as it is a fair amount of work.

Looked great after the polish and put on some Adam's ceramic that my boys used on their rigs. Works well to repel dust and grime. Will do another coat this fall.

I had quotes of $1-2k for paint and ceramic. I want paying that much and then having to pay for yearly refreshes.
still lookin good. really dig the tire wheel combo.

Reactions: AXE
Security Guy........What made you do a "recharge"? Water not beading? It's been a year? Etc.?
This ceramic coating is fairly new to me as a DIYer. I've been detailing cars for a while as a hobby. I just did my son's 2008 Tacoma. It looked liked it was wrapped in Matte White. When I was done claying, compounding, polishing, Iron removal, etc it looks great. Took a while. Probably more than 12 hours over a few days. It doesn't look brand new (Toyota white paint is not kind) but good enough that the neighbors now want me to do their's...for a small fee.
Your truck looks great. Something about a clean black car just want's you to park it in the middle of the lawn for all to see.
Just curious on why you did a "recharge"?

Security Guy........What made you do a "recharge"? Water not beading? It's been a year? Etc.?
This ceramic coating is fairly new to me as a DIYer. I've been detailing cars for a while as a hobby. I just did my son's 2008 Tacoma. It looked liked it was wrapped in Matte White. When I was done claying, compounding, polishing, Iron removal, etc it looks great. Took a while. Probably more than 12 hours over a few days. It doesn't look brand new (Toyota white paint is not kind) but good enough that the neighbors now want me to do their's...for a small fee.
Your truck looks great. Something about a clean black car just want's you to park it in the middle of the lawn for all to see.
Just curious on why you did a "recharge"?
With any ceramic coating, you should decontaminate the coating at least once per year and then give it a good detail.

DITTO what Security guy said. To do a ceramic coat right it needs to be stripped, then paint corrected, then applied. Preferably in a climate controlled environment. Shops here in Vegas will charge about 1-2k depending on the amount of work they need to do. I had mine done with Cilajet ceramic coat. It's aviation grade protection. It is rated for 5 plus years but I would think more like 3 or so depending on your environment and the amount you wash it. It does look great by the way Security Guy..... Black is brutal to get right. It's the worst color to show imperfections.

Looks great!

Most Member Reactions

Back