Looks like we're going to have some rare trucks!

Not really. If they build 500k Silverados, that's still 25k ZR2s. Not rare at all.

Not really. If they build 500k Silverados, that's still 25k ZR2s. Not rare at all.
"According to GM Authority sources, the 2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2 will be built in very low numbers, with just 5 percent of the original 2023 Silverado ZR2 unit total set to be produced."

Based on this, it doesn't sound like it's 5% of the Silverados made, but 5% of whatever their projected ZR2 numbers would have been, but I could be wrong...

"According to GM Authority sources, the 2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2 will be built in very low numbers, with just 5 percent of the original 2023 Silverado ZR2 unit total set to be produced."

Based on this, it doesn't sound like it's 5% of the Silverados made, but 5% of whatever their projected ZR2 numbers would have been, but I could be wrong...
You are exactly right! Hence the title of the thread.

Yeah that's not correct. It's 5% of available allocations will be ZR2.

I went ahead a pulled the trigger on an order today just because of that article. Dealer had two allocations and zero markup. Said there were no constraints currently but consider me skeptical there. I guess we’ll see.

I went ahead a pulled the trigger on an order today just because of that article. Dealer had two allocations and zero markup. Said there were no constraints currently but consider me skeptical there. I guess we’ll see.
Nice! What color did you go with?

Why does GM Authority get so many basic things wrong? They state the ZR2 will be built at the Ft. Wayne plant, as usual. But every single one we’ve seen produced has come out of Mexico.

Also, it slots in between the Trail Boss and the LTZ? Just look at the website.

Most Member Reactions

Back