Lucked out today

rwBrooks

Reaction score
I was rear ended today while sitting in line to pick up some medication at Walgrens. The trans was in park and I did not have my foot on the brake. Then WAM ! some moron decided to use me for brakes. Before I could do anything, the asshole decided to make it a hit and run by backing up out of the line and splitting. By the time I got out of the truck, they were long gone. I inspected the truck and could find any visible damage. As hard as they hit, (it pushed me a couple feet forward while sitting in park) I am sure their vehicle had to have some damage on their hood. It was a small white compact car. Which would fit nicely under the trailer hitch. I am going to take it in and have it inspected for any damage underneath .

I was rear ended today while sitting in line to pick up some medication at Walgrens. The trans was in park and I did not have my foot on the brake. Then WAM ! some moron decided to use me for brakes. Before I could do anything, the asshole decided to make it a hit and run by backing up out of the line and splitting. By the time I got out of the truck, they were long gone. I inspected the truck and could find any visible damage. As hard as they hit, (it pushed me a couple feet forward while sitting in park) I am sure their vehicle had to have some damage on their hood. It was a small white compact car. Which would fit nicely under the trailer hitch. I am going to take it in and have it inspected for any damage underneath .
I had a guy bounce off my reciever hitch a little over a year ago at a stop light. Too busy playing with his lap dog to see traffic wasn't moving anymore. I doubt he was going 5 mph, but it sounded like it was 50 mph. I was in my 2500HD and he was driving a 1500. Left a giant hole in his chrome bumper and just polished up the chrome on my hitch ball......LOL

Stuff like this is why I have a front and rear dash cam. I would have called the police and had them pull wall greens footage. I get it seems fine, but you never know what issues might pop up in a few days. Besides I'm just petty when it comes to stuff like that., lol. I'd want them to atleast get a ticket for leaving the scene.

My favorite cartoon ever! I feel like Black Bart has the right approach in situations like this.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240410_020423_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240410_020423_Google.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 44
If it was on private property, the popo around here won't even investigate. If you contacted your insurance company, they wouldn't care either. They just wanna ding you for an accident and raise your rates.

I always leave the hitch in the receiver just for this issue. I got hit from behind at a stop sign one time and the officer asked if the hitch went through the lady’s radiator. I replied, one could only hope.
LOL........mine is in there about 50% of the time, mostly during hunting season. I got lucky that it was in or he might have gotten under my rear bumper. Supposedly, it is illegal to leave them in when not in tow. I've never been hassled about it and I see a lot of people leave them installed.

scumbags...glad you are ok.
Is their a brand/model you suggest that’s easy to install and competitively priced?
i have a 1 week old 1st gen ring car cam. you can have it.

Most Member Reactions

Back