Modifications the 1st month and a half…

Stigg

Reaction score
This whole thing started with me taking my 2017 2500 HD High Country in for some engine lights etc… and turned into me walking away with this 2022 Sand Dune Silverado ZR2. It has everything BUT the Super Cruise.

Everything is super clean installation wise. Going through the firewall for the radio installation was super tedious, but I want everything hidden and tucked away.

Still waiting on a few things to come up and be available, but I thought I’d throw these out that I’ve done so far

So far:
Cold Air Inductions
Borla exhaust
MGP brake caliper covers
Bedside red Chevrolet lettering
Rhino adjustable ball hitch
Yaesu FTM 400XDR/DE
BAKFlip roll up bed cover
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT
(These are basically 34.5” tires and wider. No rub, no poke and no modifications whatsoever.) I think they fill up the space perfectly.
BCCB97E2-A54A-4FCA-B97F-F9405EF2B8E9.jpeg
BD148333-243A-42AA-BE05-2EE1087BEF0E.jpeg
14E15476-DA92-4496-9C58-E98A7C8D83D3.jpeg
390302F9-FFE0-4DD5-9C25-465A1D6473FB.jpeg
D2C6520A-9CEA-4676-A029-C5F5C7D06874.jpeg
1BB0B681-886E-45E4-91BC-0235D1585980.jpeg
E4BACB7B-6CDC-4FB5-A6EB-B40DA1A63D7F.jpeg
07B210F4-00B1-4835-91FA-C11F62AF4531.jpeg
9EB51687-17B0-4BFA-944C-0C86F399F7AF.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a Compactenna for HAM radio 2m and 70cm frequencies. I have really enjoyed it.

Good choice on the revolver x4s bed cover. I have the same one and I love it!

This whole thing started with me taking my 2017 2500 HD High Country in for some engine lights etc… and turned into me walking away with this 2022 Sand Dune Silverado ZR2. It has everything BUT the Super Cruise.

Everything is super clean installation wise. Going through the firewall for the radio installation was super tedious, but I want everything hidden and tucked away.

Still waiting on a few things to come up and be available, but I thought I’d throw these out that I’ve done so far

So far:
Cold Air Inductions
Borla exhaust
MGP brake caliper covers
Yaesu FTM 400XDR/DE
(These are basically 34.5” tires and wider. No rub, no poke and no modifications whatsoever.) I think they fill up the space perfectly.View attachment 1094View attachment 1095View attachment 1096View attachment 1097View attachment 1098View attachment 1099View attachment 1100View attachment 1101View attachment 1102
How are you liking the Mickey Thompsons? I like the look of them a lot and tread pattern looks great for winter weather here in CO. I did notice they are about 23lbs heavier each than the stock tires. Any negative effects of that so far?

I’ve only had them for a few days but so far they are nice. No real road noise over what the stock Goodyears had. They feel sturdier if that makes sense. They are not as soft feeling. That said, they have more air pressure in them than the stock. They worked really good in the rain that we just had. Seemingly less slip on asphalt from a dead stop which I appreciate. Sorry that I cannot give any off-road report yet.

So far:
Cold Air Inductions
Borla exhaust
MGP brake caliper covers
Yaesu FTM 400XDR/DE
(These are basically 34.5” tires and wider. No rub, no poke and no modifications whatsoever.) I think they fill up the space perfectly.View attachment 1094View attachment 1095View attachment 1096View attachment 1097View attachment 1098View attachment 1099View attachment 1100View attachment 1101View attachment 1102

I tried Rough Country caliper covers and they would not fit in the front. With out adding wheel spacer. So I sent them back Did the MGP fit the front with out any issues? Thanks

From the factory there was these VERY THICK weights. They were made up of like a plastic/lead substance I had to take the right front off to keep them from clicking as the wheel rotated. When I got the new 295/70R18’s out in the weights they use are much thinner and they are fine now. You’ll have to make sure that the tire shop doesn’t stack the weight but spreads them out or they will click. If I was to put on spacers it would be just a half inch so that I would not have to trim the original studs on the wheel. I’m still torn on them, but they are pretty close to the upper control arms. Not issues at all. The tire are actually 34.25” and everything so far is great. I figure why out 35” tires on for a lot of work and little gain except to say that they are 35”???

Looks good. Personally I'd rather go with what ever fits stock. Leveling kits seem to always have a negative impact on ride quality. Not to mention the issues with cv and ball joint angles. We paid extra for this suspension. Doesn't make sense to me to degrade it.

When someone comes out with a kit with upper control arms that doesn't hurt the ride quality or The CVs then maybe I'd consider it. If such a thing is even possible. Lol, Heck a lot of the kits for at4 and Trailboss even tell you not to use 4wd auto because of the increased cv angle. Seems pointless to me.

How are you liking the Mickey Thompsons? I like the look of them a lot and tread pattern looks great for winter weather here in CO. I did notice they are about 23lbs heavier each than the stock tires. Any negative effects of that so far?
The reason they are heavier is because they're a 10 ply, E load range tire vs the stock Territory MT which is a 6 ply, C load range. There aren't many tires in the 33"+ range that are 6 ply. Most are 10+ and heavy.

Looks good. Personally I'd rather go with what ever fits stock. Leveling kits seem to always have a negative impact on ride quality. Not to mention the issues with cv and ball joint angles. We paid extra for this suspension. Doesn't make sense to me to degrade it.

When someone comes out with a kit with upper control arms that doesn't hurt the ride quality or The CVs then maybe I'd consider it. If such a thing is even possible. Lol, Heck a lot of the kits for at4 and Trailboss even tell you not to use 4wd auto because of the increased cv angle. Seems pointless to me.
I would tend to agree with you... on my F150's not so much, the AT tires that come from the factory suck, and I always wound up changing them to Goodyear Duratrac's, but with the ZR-2 i think I'll be keeping it stock with no leveling. I am planning on copying the airbag upgrade you did, though.. :cool:

The reason they are heavier is because they're a 10 ply, E load range tire vs the stock Territory MT which is a 6 ply, C load range. There aren't many tires in the 33"+ range that are 6 ply. Most are 10+ and heavy.
I understand that. When I was comparing them to other E rated tires, they were one of the heaviest. I should have specified that.

So far:
Cold Air Inductions
Borla exhaust
MGP brake caliper covers
Yaesu FTM 400XDR/DE
Which cold air induction did you go with?

Do you have the MFT? Just wondering if the Rhino Hitch lowers far enough to prevent the MFT from denting.

I do, and no it doesn’t. Most of the time the hitch is plenty high enough to do damage.

I just don’t use it with a hitch connected. Which isn’t actually all that much.

Which cold air induction did you go with?
The MPG break covers. Did they fit rite out of the box. I tried the Rough Country caliper covers. And there is not clearance on the front wheels to fit without adding a spacer plate.
Thanks

Most Member Reactions

Back