Motofab 2in level and control arms

Ezmny4

Reaction score
I have installed the Motofab 2 in level in the front and decided to go ahead and replace the upper control arms with Motofab upper control arms. I added 1in spacers to the wheels as well. While it looks great, I cannot keep the front end aligned. The left front wheel also rubs when backing out of spots and turned all the way. Local shop says it's because the control arm isn't exactly right and I need to find one more rigid. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? I just received the 2023 ZR2 last month.

From what I've read in different subs in this forum, the rubbing should not be an issue with stock rims and tires even with the spacers added.

Adding a 2" lift on top of the ZR2'S factory 2" lift without lowering the front differential is a recipe for disaster! Your cv shafts are at extreme angles, and in time wil destroy your front differential, cv shafts and steering conponents. I would rip it out asap and purchase a lift that encorporates a front differential drop in the kit.

Adding a 2" lift on top of the ZR2'S factory 2" lift without lowering the front differential is a recipe for disaster! Your cv shafts are at extreme angles, and in time wil destroy your front differential, cv shafts and steering conponents. I would rip it out asap and purchase a lift that encorporates a front differential drop in the kit.
Thanks for the advice.

I bought the Dirt King ball joint upper control arms during their Black Friday sale and made sure to email their sales rep to double check from them that they’re compatible with the ZR2 and the assured me that they were. I haven‘t installed them yet as they‘re my Xmas gift that I have to pretend to be surprised by, but I also wanted to invest in getting a 1” Motofab front leveling kit that is a bottom bracket spacer, and not a puck style as I know those can cause the upper control arms to conflict and interfere with the springs on the DSSV shocks. I’m basing my desire to get the extra clearance based off the Matt Ross YouTube clip where he used both products to seemingly successful results. Diesel328, would you say that a 1” bottom spacer, with upper control arms designed to compensate for lift, within the safe perameters to the CV joints or would you still recommend a diff drop kit?

You should be just fine with the 1" moto fab bottom spacer. I had the exact same leveling kit from Moto fab on my 21 trail boss with zero issues. The cv joint angles still looked good, and never had a problem using 4wd or auto 4wd.
My neighbor also has the same kit as well. He still owns the truck and has put 50,000 miles on it with zero problems. Just make sure to get a front end alignment done after the install.

Last edited:
You should be just fine with the 1" moto fab bottom spacer. I had the exact same leveling kit from. Moto fab on my 21 trail boss with zero issues. The cv joint angles still looked good and never had a problem using 4wd or auto 4wd.
My neighbor also has the same kit as well. He still owns the truck and has put 50,000 miles on it with zero problems. Just make sure to get a front end alignment done after the install.
Right on. Thanks for the feedback

do either of you have the part number for the motofab bottom spacer? I guess I can swap it out when I send back the upper puck style spacers. They won't give me credit for the control arms.

I have installed the Motofab 2 in level in the front and decided to go ahead and replace the upper control arms with Motofab upper control arms. I added 1in spacers to the wheels as well. While it looks great, I cannot keep the front end aligned. The left front wheel also rubs when backing out of spots and turned all the way. Local shop says it's because the control arm isn't exactly right and I need to find one more rigid. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? I just received the 2023 ZR2 last month.

From what I've read in different subs in this forum, the rubbing should not be an issue with stock rims and tires even with the spacers added.
I don't have experience with the motofab control arms so can't speak on the rigidity but if you're looking for other options then both Camburg and Dirt King are solid alternatives. I agree with previous posts that the 2" is likely to cause you problems in the future without a diff drop. Did you have to cut the studs to install the 1" wheel spacers?

do either of you have the part number for the motofab bottom spacer? I guess I can swap it out when I send back the upper puck style spacers. They won't give me credit for the control arms.

Attachments

• 3233DB89-ACCD-4BB2-8B6F-D1576D9E9C07.jpeg
    3233DB89-ACCD-4BB2-8B6F-D1576D9E9C07.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 63
I don't have experience with the motofab control arms so can't speak on the rigidity but if you're looking for other options then both Camburg and Dirt King are solid alternatives. I agree with previous posts that the 2" is likely to cause you problems in the future without a diff drop. Did you have to cut the studs to install the 1" wheel spacers?
I just pulled it all off until I can get the right level and UCA's. It rubbed like hell so I'm assuming there will need to be some cutting either on the studs or wheel well.

I don't understand why people are cheaply lifting a $75,000 truck when the R and D team behind it put countless hours into shock tuning and its not necessary to run larger tires. Why waste the money?
I guess to each their own. As I said, the truck looked a whole lot better leveled. I am not trying to go cheap. Just not alot out there right now and investing money in an entirely different or higher lift basically negates the purchase of a ZR2 in the first place. I know you can say the same about the level but I see it a little differently. It's raising the front 1.5" to make it almost level. Nothing more.

I don't understand why people are cheaply lifting a $75,000 truck when the R and D team behind it put countless hours into shock tuning and its not necessary to run larger tires. Why waste the money?

I don't get it either.

If you want level and larger tires then why not go for a BDS lift w/ Fox shocks and 35s, then sell the Multimatic shocks? You still have front and rear lockers (and cooled seats!) so you are not losing everything that makes it a ZR2.

I would like to sit up higher and on 35s but I'm not messing with this suspension anytime soon.

I just pulled it all back off to stock until I figure out exactly which direction I want to go. I've heard of people cutting the studs for the spacers but I didn't when I originally put them on and it rubbed really bad only on the front left tire while in reverse.

Last edited:
I don't get it either.

If you want level and larger tires then why not go for a BDS lift w/ Fox shocks and 35s, then sell the Multimatic shocks? You still have front and rear lockers (and cooled seats!) so you are not losing everything that makes it a ZR2.

I would like to sit up higher and on 35s but I'm not messing with this suspension anytime soon.
Do you know what the going rate is for the multimatic shocks should I go this route and try to unload them? Is there a real market for those shocks? No clue, first time owner here.

I might be wrong, but I think those shock are several thousand dollars each. I wouldn't get rid of them.

I might be wrong, but I think those shock are several thousand dollars each. I wouldn't get rid of them.
Oh, I'm not. Don't plan on doing too many mods where I think I would need any other type of shock system added. When it was leveled it looked amazing but something was a little off and it kept rubbing and staying out of alignment. Think it may still be a little early for doing that yet. ReadyLift is working on one....or so the salesman said.

I don't get it either.

What could you reasonably expect to get for the DSSVs if sold?
How much would the fox suspension cost?
Would that be a long travel system more like the TRX and Raptor?

What could you reasonably expect to get for the DSSVs if sold?
How much would the fox suspension cost?
Would that be a long travel system more like the TRX and Raptor?
I have no clue on what to expect for the DSSV's.

I really don't know much about this stuff - but I don't think the BDS kit with Fox shocks would be like the Raptor or TRX? Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

Here's a link to what I was going to get if I had bought an AT4 or Trail Boss - 6" RR CO (Gas) which is $4,736.56. Then you need to add wheels and tires plus installation.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back