My Third ZR2...

DFWZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have a problem.

I traded my first 2022 ZR2 in for a 2022 TRX. I'd ordered both trucks the same day, the Chevy landed first. Grass looked greener in the TRX. The TRX was really fun for about a week. It also had brake failure at 300 miles on the odometer.
I traded my TRX in for my 2nd ZR2.
I was allured by a great factory order deal on a 2024 Rubicon 392, and ultimately traded my 2nd ZR2 for it.
The 392 had red leather seats, a refreshed grille and infotainment system, power seats (wow) but at the end of the day - still just a Jeep, a somewhat fast one.
I traded my 392 for my 3rd ZR2.

The 2024 Silverado 1500 ZR2 has the hood insert fix, no paint chipping. It came with "Active Exhaust" which emitted a low rumble on start-up, not bad. It has the ZR2 gauge cluster animation, pretty nice. It also has a "Sport" drive mode, that feels a little more peppy. It's still a gorgeous truck, and I'm happy to have my GM cameras back. Stellantis camera quality is potato.

I can now argue with people on Facebook about the ZR2 being better (for me) than the TRX and 392, with the receipts! Lol.

IMG_9519.jpeg
IMG_9512.jpeg
IMG_9523.jpeg
IMG_9204.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9204.JPG
    IMG_9204.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 27
Next stop… Raptor R?
Never going to happen. I was lucky to pay under MSRP on all of these vehicles, there's no way to get a RaptorR for under, or even at MSRP. It's also, at the end of the day, a Ford. Brandist gonna brandist.

Seems like your missing a Colorado and 2500HD in there!
My neighbor just bought a 24 GMC 2500 AT4X. I went to the dealership looking for one, they are beautiful trucks. The only one they had was white, and it looked like a work truck. I seriously considered a Colorado, but I'm not thrilled about a 4 banger. Same problem with any Bronco. I like the sound of a V8.

Reactions: AXE
FAFO on a Bronco or a 4Runner next. Taco for me. ;)
Not that it means anything really, with where parts are made in all of these vehicles, but I've only ever owned American-made vehicles (or brands). The new Taco looks really nice, not a fan of the trailhunter but the TRD Pro is nice. Love the look of the Bronco, not a fan of the ugly flares on the Braptor, but a Sasquatch 2-door would be nice. I wouldn't get either though, because no V8 option :cool:

Reactions: AXE
Not that it means anything really, with where parts are made in all of these vehicles, but I've only ever owned American-made vehicles (or brands). The new Taco looks really nice, not a fan of the trailhunter but the TRD Pro is nice. Love the look of the Bronco, not a fan of the ugly flares on the Braptor, but a Sasquatch 2-door would be nice. I wouldn't get either though, because no V8 option :cool:
I had a new Four Runner in orange pull up next to me the other day. It was damn nice, but if the chick driving doesn't pile it up in the next month, I'd be surprised!

Okay, so I have a problem.

I traded my first 2022 ZR2 in for a 2022 TRX. I'd ordered both trucks the same day, the Chevy landed first. Grass looked greener in the TRX. The TRX was really fun for about a week. It also had brake failure at 300 miles on the odometer.
I traded my TRX in for my 2nd ZR2.
I was allured by a great factory order deal on a 2024 Rubicon 392, and ultimately traded my 2nd ZR2 for it.
The 392 had red leather seats, a refreshed grille and infotainment system, power seats (wow) but at the end of the day - still just a Jeep, a somewhat fast one.
I traded my 392 for my 3rd ZR2.

The 2024 Silverado 1500 ZR2 has the hood insert fix, no paint chipping. It came with "Active Exhaust" which emitted a low rumble on start-up, not bad. It has the ZR2 gauge cluster animation, pretty nice. It also has a "Sport" drive mode, that feels a little more peppy. It's still a gorgeous truck, and I'm happy to have my GM cameras back. Stellantis camera quality is potato.

I can now argue with people on Facebook about the ZR2 being better (for me) than the TRX and 392, with the receipts! Lol.

View attachment 8794View attachment 8795View attachment 8796View attachment 8798
Welcome back!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back