New member intro

Yeah, just go easy. That Bison bumper has thick metal. There's a bit of risk since you're pulling at the 90 angle in the bumper. You know how angled metal never bends, until it does......... then it's a mess.

Maybe swing by your dealer and have them make a note of it first. That's what I did, then I started messing with it.

Yeah, just go easy. That Bison bumper has thick metal. There's a bit of risk since your pulling at the 90 angle. You know how angles metal never bends, until it does then it's a mess.

Maybe swing by your dealer and have them make a note of it first. That's what I did, then I started messing with it.
Didn't think I would be headed to the dealer this soon for a misaligned rear bumper on a $90,000 truck.

Didn't think I would be headed to the dealer this soon for a misaligned rear bumper on a $90,000 truck.
LOL..... Me neither, I've also been there for a recurring trailer connect disconnect message, an emissions/shut down message, service parking brake message, and a temp sensor code. None of which proved to be an actual problem, cleared the codes, haven't come back. They also said there was a software update for my parking brake. Mine was built in October 23.

I think this software package and electronics are the weak link. I've had really good luck with all my previous GM trucks, so I'll just roll with it for now.

LOL..... Me neither, I've also been there for a recurring trailer connect disconnect message, an emissions/shut down message, service parking brake message, and a temp sensor code. None of which proved to be an actual problem, cleared the codes, haven't come back. They also said there was a software update for my parking brake. Mine was built in October 23.

I think this software package and electronics are the weak link. I've had really good luck with all my previous GM trucks, so I'll just roll with it for now.
Agreed.

Here's the link.

If you can pull your bumper back a tad more and get three washers up on the top bracket it might be better. My Bison bumper wouldn't flex any more.
You got a eagle eye for this. I got to get a pic up for review.

Attachments

• IMG_4832.jpeg
    IMG_4832.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 12

Hopefully its only programming. I fortunately haven't had any glitches. Mine was built in Feb 24.

You got a eagle eye for this. I got to get a pic up for review.
The only way to really see is look from the passenger side. The really bad ones will have the bumper pushed up into the corner of the quarter panel. If you look at the top edge of the bumper cover, it may also be pushed in past the edge of the bottom lip of the tailgate below the ZR2.

Attachments

• 20240307_083626.jpg
    20240307_083626.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240307_083613.jpg
    20240307_083613.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 15
The only way to really see is look from the passenger side. The really bad ones will have the bumper pushed up into the corner of the quarter panel. If you look at the top edge of the bumper cover, it may also be pushed in past the edge of the bottom lip of the tailgate below the ZR2.
I got some new pics. It doesn't look to bad. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4843.jpeg
    IMG_4843.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4844.jpeg
    IMG_4844.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 14
Just bought my first 24 2500 HD ZR2 slate grey with blackout package. Previously had a 21 Raptor. Lookin forward to pickin yalls brains for info.
Some of these guys aren't over the top about the slate grey, but il tell you straight up i love that shit and think its a badass color, congratulations on the new toy, enjoy.

I got some new pics. It doesn't look to bad. What do you think?
Looks to me a little far forward, but not as bad as I've seen. You're probably not gonna see it from a galloping horse. As they say beauty is in the eye of thebeholder!

Most Member Reactions

Back