Ready Lift 4 Inch Lift

Rockyah86

Reaction score
On the Zr2, what’s the deal with the ready lift kit and the “auto 4wd not recommended”. I’m in the process of getting a lift installed and originally I was going to do the bds kit and then the shop recommended the ready lift kit. I quizzed them on the disclaimer from ready lift and they assured me it wouldn’t be an issue. They said they’d order a driveshaft just to be safe. Should I be concerned or should I just put my trust in them and stop over thinking it? Both shops that I’ve talked to about this truck are large reputable performance shops that do lifts all the time.

In my opinion, which isn't worth much, ReadyLift put that disclaimer in there for a reason. I choose the Peak lift for that very reason. Less expensive / cheaper isn't always a good thing.

Auto 4x4 means the front drive shaft is always spinning, but the gear box only engages when it detects wheel slippage. They are basically saying that there will be additional wear and tear on the driveline due to increased angles from lift. I doubt it'll ever result in an issue, but they don't want the responsibility.

A lot of true lifts will lower the transfer case to keep the driveline angle close to stock so you don't have any issues.

I personally only drive in auto when I'm in conditions that might require 4x4, like washboard loose gravel roads or wet/ muddy roads

In my opinion, which isn't worth much, ReadyLift put that disclaimer in there for a reason. I choose the Peak lift for that very reason. Less expensive / cheaper isn't always a good thing.
I appreciate the input. Cost wasn’t really a factor. I’d prefer using whatever the best kit is. That’s where my confusion is, is what kit is best? Using the existing shocks I think limits what kits are available it seems and I think ready lift and bds were the most “popular”.

Auto 4x4 means the front drive shaft is always spinning, but the gear box only engages when it detects wheel slippage. They are basically saying that there will be additional wear and tear on the driveline due to increased angles from lift. I doubt it'll ever result in an issue, but they don't want the responsibility.

A lot of true lifts will lower the transfer case to keep the driveline angle close to stock so you don't have any issues.

I personally only drive in auto when I'm in conditions that might require 4x4, like washboard loose gravel roads or wet/ muddy roads
That makes sense. I don’t ever have it in auto unless it’s icy or we have a lot of snow so maybe a few weeks out of the whole year. I’m probably more concerned than I should be.

That makes sense. I don’t ever have it in auto unless it’s icy or we have a lot of snow so maybe a few weeks out of the whole year. I’m probably more concerned than I should be.
I must be to hard on the gas, if im not in 4 wheel auto the truck wheel hops to 50
😂 on pavement.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back