Resolving a Few Issues with 1500

AXE

Reaction score
I brought my rig into dealer to address some lingering issues. Nothing major, I've already posted this on various other threads.

1) Homelink wouldn't work. Bad transmitter. Have to return when parts arrive

2) phone charger doesn't work well, barely charges or losses charge. They said it worked, but I think all they did was observe the charging light come in on the infotainment screen. It was losing 4% charge on the way home in 20 minutes. Gonna tell them to replace it.

3)infotainment connectivity issues same as everyone, but mine seemed to get worse for a while. Found 2 error codes and updated per bulletin. Seemed to work better. Maps have improved graphics, but noticed the speed limit doesn't show in HUD and center of DIC. Time will tell if it's fixed.

4) Front seat cover drivers side attachment loose. Had to send photos to GM to approve replacement of seat cover. Have to return when part arrives.

5) hood cowling paint rub. Said it would be fixed under warranty. They've done 4 already. They repaint edges around cowling, re clear entire hood to blend, raise cowling with foam to pervert rubbing per GM bulletin. Not sure I care to mess with it, but might have them do it.

Attachments

• 20231217_103045.jpg
    20231217_103045.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 37
I brought my rig into dealer to address some lingering issues. Nothing major, I've already posted this on various other threads.

1) Homelink wouldn't work. Bad transmitter. Have to return when parts arrive

2) phone charger doesn't work well, barely charges or losses charge. They said it worked, but I think all they did was observe the charging light come in on the infotainment screen. It was losing 4% charge on the way home in 20 minutes. Gonna tell them to replace it.

3)infotainment connectivity issues same as everyone, but mine seemed to get worse for a while. Found 2 error codes and updated per bulletin. Seemed to work better. Maps have improved graphics, but noticed the speed limit doesn't show in HUD and center of DIC. Time will tell if it's fixed.

4) Front seat cover drivers side attachment loose. Had to send photos to GM to approve replacement of seat cover. Have to return when part arrives.

5) hood cowling paint rub. Said it would be fixed under warranty. They've done 4 already. They repaint edges around cowling, re clear entire hood to blend, raise cowling with foam to pervert rubbing per GM bulletin. Not sure I care to mess with it, but might have them do it.
damn AXE....i have same hood issue. selling dealer wants to respray my hood and new foam. im waiting to see if there is a better fix forthcoming, not likely though. want my truck for 8 days too.

Reactions: AXE
Mine had the chipped paint on the hood in the back corners. I never got it fixed. Seemed like the fix was kind of dodgy. Some went through with it only to have the same problem. I was waiting for maybe an updated fix. When I traded it, the dealership never said a word about the hood, so neither did I, lol.

I didn't have any of those other issues. Lol, but I'll admit, I never even setup the homelink garage door opener. My opener has 4 buttons on it and the truck only had three. So I would have had to carry an opener either way.

If you have a Samsung phone, make sure you have fast wireless charging turned off. That caused problems with my phone charging.

Slow charging work much better. It's still randomly works. Admit if times it drains battery.

24 charger works just fine and is pretty fast with same phone Dane settings.

It's a shitty charger, I'll probably have to complain a couple more times to get it resolved. Charging unit is only $200, but it could be something else, so not sure I want to spend money to fix it myself.

damn AXE....i have same hood issue. selling dealer wants to respray my hood and new foam. im waiting to see if there is a better fix forthcoming, not likely though. want my truck for 8 days too.
I've got two areas about 1.5 icm x 1.5 mm on each side and small area in each front corner. I've been considering just having some wrap installed around base of cowl. Won't stop rubbing, but could be an easy fix that can be done occasionally as needed.

Most Member Reactions

Back