Stock 2500 ZR2 Height

8ball_99

Reaction score
So I figured I'd just make a post with this title because I see this asked a bunch in different places. I needed to put my rack on today because I had to haul some 16' trim. While adjusting the height on it I snapped a picture of the door clearance. I was able to get the rack slightly above the rear of the cab while still clearing the door opening which is 83.5" to the weather striping.

So yes stock is less than 7'. But you pretty much need all of it lol. Any little hill or bump could cause a problem. I actually think my truck's suspension has settled some. Because it was even closer when I first got it. It might clear a 83" opening now since I've added some weight and driven it 2500 miles. But I'd say 83.5" is about the min opening height you would want.

So for anyone wondering if they can run 37s and still fit in 7' parking garages or even their own 7' garage door. I'd say no lol.
20240221_111503.jpg
20240221_150216.jpg

I'd leave that rack and ladder on all the time, looks awesome!
Lol, I'm going to leave the rack on, but ladder will definitely be only on as needed basis. I hadn't put the rack on yet because of the truck's height. Besides having a standard bed again. I haven't needed it as much. but it works well and fits in the garage np, (with out the ladder, haha)

Your Mirrors look like they have the body colored caps . All the HD ZR2s I've seen had black including mine . Looks good I kind of wish mine had them . I might have to put it on my list of future mods

Your Mirrors look like they have the body colored caps . All the HD ZR2s I've seen had black including mine . Looks good I kind of wish mine had them . I might have to put it on my list of future mods
Ty, yeah mine came with the Gloss black caps also. I think all ZR2s do. I bought paintable caps from boost Auto and had a local body shop spray them and my front bowtie. I think it looks better then stock. Not a drastic difference. Most would probably think it came that way if they weren't familiar with ZR2s already.
20240123_133854.jpg

Ty, yeah mine came with the Gloss black caps also. I think all ZR2s do. I bought paintable caps from boost Auto and had a local body shop spray them and my front bowtie. I think it looks better then stock. Not a drastic difference. Most would probably think it came that way if they weren't familiar with ZR2s already.View attachment 10527
red isnt my thing but your front clip looks killer!!! GM...take note you dopes!!

red isnt my thing but your front clip looks killer!!! GM...take note you dopes!!
The red on my first ZR2 was just because of availability. But ive grown to like it. I see so many black and shades of gray trucks. I kind of prefer the red now. I almost went with Northsky blue on the HD. Had a deposit on one, but went with the red again, lol

Had the Flowtie on my 1500 painted too. I think the chrome bowtie with the red ring inside just looks cheesy. Especially on ZR2s where everything is mostly black. I also put a all black tie on the multiflex. I haven't gotten around to that on the HD yet. But I did change pretty much every other emblems. I haven't found the hood ones yet for the 6.6 gasser
20231209_143330.jpg

The red on my first ZR2 was just because of availability. But ive grown to like it. I see so many black and shades of gray trucks. I kind of prefer the red now. I almost went with Northsky blue on the HD. Had a deposit on one, but went with the red again, lol

Had the Flowtie on my 1500 painted too. I think the chrome bowtie with the red ring inside just looks cheesy. Especially on ZR2s where everything is mostly black. I also put a all black tie on the multiflex. I haven't gotten around to that on the HD yet. But I did change pretty much every other emblems. I haven't found the hood ones yet for the 6.6 gasser
View attachment 10536
LETS HEAR IT FOR NORTHSKY BLUE! well said @8ball_99

Red and Northsky Blue just aren't my thing. They look nice, but I really like the Black and Thunderstorm Gray. When I bought mine, I was torn between that eye popping blue that was just discontinued and the black. They had three blues and one black. I opted for the black...maybe once you go black you'll never go back and this is my 5th black truck ;)

My auto wash is 7’2”, not sure if I should risk it. Have a cap as well(no rack). Would really like to, surrounded by saltwater and drive on the beach weekly. Would make life a lot easier, than putting on foul weather gear and freezing to death once a week.

Last edited:
My auto wash is 7’2”, not sure if I should risk it. Have a cap as well(no rack). Would really like to, surrounded by saltwater and drive on the beach weekly. Would make life a lot easier, than putting on foul weather gear and freezing to death once a week.
Looks good with that cap! Can you post some details on brand and price? Also some more pictures from side and rear?

I'm thinking of adding one before next hunting season.

Most Member Reactions

Back