Tailgate bowtie

billwill81

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tailgate bowtie is bolted on or just double taped on? I am designing a wrap design for my tailgate so it has to go. Just wanted to know how f anyone took it off yet.

Does anyone know if the tailgate bowtie is bolted on or just double taped on? I am designing a wrap design for my tailgate so it has to go. Just wanted to know how f anyone took it off yet
I’m confused… I don’t have a bow tie on the tailgate. I have a 2022 and the only emblems mine has says Silverado on the lower left and ZR2 on the lower right that both look like stick-ons. It says Chevrolet in big letters molded into the tailgate.
What year is your truck?

Sorry for the crappy picture, it’s currently pouring outside.

Attachments

• A8313ACF-F4DE-4DFF-AA38-9EE246387086.jpeg
    A8313ACF-F4DE-4DFF-AA38-9EE246387086.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 45
Never mind… I just googled the 2023 ZR2 and I see they have the bow tie on the tailgate like my previous trucks.

I’m confused… I don’t have a bow tie on the tailgate. I have a 2022 and the only emblems mine has says Silverado on the lower left and ZR2 on the lower right that both look like stick-ons. It says Chevrolet in big letters molded into the tailgate.
What year is your truck?

Sorry for the crappy picture, it’s currently pouring outside.
The multi-flex tailgates have the bowtie. Non-multiflex tailgates are embossed with CHEVROLET

I cut mine off with some heavy duty braided fishing line. Then peeled off the tape. Removed the sticky residue with some citrus cleaner, then buffed it with some 3M finishing polish and it looks clean.

Most Member Reactions

Back