This is the first week for Bison allocations

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just thought everyone would like to know. They are allocating Bisons this week and we were lucky enough to get one.

They haven't announced pricing yet but expect it to be similar to the AT4X AEV package pricing($6,895).
bison allocation.jpg

Last edited:
Was just on the chevy build and price page. You can add the bison wheels which says "see dealer for pricing". When you get to packages it automatically has the bison package selected. If you unselect the bison package it changes the price by 3755. Not sure if that's just removing the bison wheels or the skid plates and bumpers as well?

You can't order any of the Bison stuff separately without getting the entire Bison package. It will definitely be more than $3,755.

I don't understand why they didn't make the front bumper winch ready like the AT4X.

I say this as a big AEV fan(my Rubicon X is pretty much all AEV) but I see the AEV AT4X being a much bigger "upgrade" than the Bison will be for the ZR2. The AT4X's major issue was it looked like every other AT4, it even rode on the smaller tires. The ZR2 from day one has looked different from the Trail Boss. The AT4X will now stand out from the AT4 and also gains the 33's. Capability/Protection wise I know those skid plates are worth the cost for the 1% who will use them. For me I am just hoping in a year or so I can grab one of the gas tank skid plates by itself and put some of that $6k to other mods.

I saw some spy shots of the upcoming AEV/Bison Colorado and it appears to have an AEV snorkel and be riding on 35's. I wish we could have gotten that set-up but its my understanding the GMT-T1XX platform was not designed with 35's in mind.

Oh, TY for some reason all the stuff on the AT4x says winch ready and the ZR2 doesn't. I didn't realize they were the same.
Yeah they look to be identical as far as the AEV bumpers go. They both use the same part and RPO numbers so they are the same. In those early pre-production trucks, it looks like the winch goes behind the front license plate holder.

There is no mention of either of them being winch ready in the order guide and neither Chevy or GMC show an available accessory winch right now. It's possible that they've removed the winch-ready capability of the front bumper. They do make changes from pre-production and hopefully that's not one of the changes.

Notice that the ZR2 doesn't have the blacked out upper tailgate trim like the pre-production one did.

Yeah they look to be identical as far as the AEV bumpers go. They both use the same part and RPO numbers so they are the same. In those early pre-production trucks, it looks like the winch goes behind the front license plate holder.

There is no mention of either of them being winch ready in the order guide and neither Chevy or GMC show an available accessory winch right now. It's possible that they've removed the winch-ready capability of the front bumper. They do make changes from pre-production and hopefully that's not one of the changes.

Notice that the ZR2 doesn't have the blacked out upper tailgate trim like the pre-production one did.

That would be a shame if they did. Honestly I think our ZR2s should have been winch ready. That's the only reason I was keeping an eye on the bison version. I would like a winch bumper for mine. Who hasn't ever gotten stuck? Lol

Just thought everyone would like to know. They are allocating Bisons this week and we were lucky enough to get one.

They haven't announced pricing yet but expect it to be similar to the AT4X AEV package pricing($6,895).View attachment 1232
Any Info on when ZR2 owners can order the AEV Stamped steal bumpers and other bison options. I picked up my New 23 ZR2 and while on the chevy site at the dealership it had the Bumpers, wheels, underbody protection listed but had Dealer inquire no price etc. went back this week and its off the build site for 2023 ZR2'S. MY dealer sales rep said I need to go thru a Chevy Performance dealership to order them.

Most Member Reactions

Back