Chevy Silverado ZR2 Topper/Camper Shell

CanZr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a topper on their zr2 yet? Would like to see some pics if so

If you mean something like a shell when you say "topper", you may just want to search Trail Boss Shells and look for images online. At least until more people actually put one on a ZR2.
1657901261866.png

When ever I get my ZR2 plan to throw this baby on…
Nice, if you arent' set on that brand, go fast camper lead time is a little bit better I think at the moment.

I was looking at an ARE Bulldog that will take the weight of my roof top tent, and other supplies while in the back country. I just got back from the arctic and with all my tools and gear in the box it would be nice to store some things up top.

I'll wait for some pictures to circualate and see how they look. Been playing with the idea of building my own in the garage over winter. Would be cheaper and would take all the weight I could throw at it

Has anyone put a topper on their zr2 yet? Would like to see some pics if so
ARE, leveling kit, tires, wheels and rear exhaust. Color match is off. Having repainted. Rack is not ARE.

Attachments

• 9159E2C2-78EC-4F83-A678-137BDD635B7B.jpeg
    9159E2C2-78EC-4F83-A678-137BDD635B7B.jpeg
    672.4 KB · Views: 515
  • 38B31FAB-C2DF-47C1-BAA1-0694F96F6C5F.jpeg
    38B31FAB-C2DF-47C1-BAA1-0694F96F6C5F.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 27B36155-18E6-456E-B8A5-35312E787401.jpeg
    27B36155-18E6-456E-B8A5-35312E787401.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 519
Im leaning towards this bad boy I think!

Its durable and looks beefy
Can access everything inside easily
Its super light weight
Wont crack or fade after bombing down the back roads
You can walk on it making it easy to fold up my roof top tent, and has capacity haul gear up top; canoes, kayaks, tents, tools, tire, spare fuel and water.....
Can strap my hammock to the side of it and other things and not worry about flex from side load
And also it has that awesome translucent roof that lets light in for when you're car camping in the back.

Will have to add some sort of venting though, which is easy enough with a grinder and the plasma cutter

Im leaning towards this bad boy I think!

Its durable and looks beefy
Can access everything inside easily
Its super light weight
Wont crack or fade after bombing down the back roads
You can walk on it making it easy to fold up my roof top tent, and has capacity haul gear up top; canoes, kayaks, tents, tools, tire, spare fuel and water.....
Can strap my hammock to the side of it and other things and not worry about flex from side load
And also it has that awesome translucent roof that lets light in for when you're car camping in the back.

Will have to add some sort of venting though, which is easy enough with a grinder and the plasma cutter

So I have no interest one of those, but I've got to say I watched a couple of their videos on YouTube. They are hilarious and I watched the longer version of that video you posted. Even though I'm not in the market for one. That guy cracked me up several times 🤣

lol ya...
Ya for sure. Toppers are specific for what a guys need them for. There are so many to choose from to!

I drove to the Arctic Ocean this summer and a typical fiber glass one wouldn't have made that trip.

Thought I would share since I remembered there was a thread on this.
First mod done. For my lifestyle and what I like to do (hunt,fish,camp,etc) the topper is an absolute necessity. Keeps my dogs out of the weather too.

Anyhow, really pleased with it.
ARE CX Evolve for anyone that cares to know. I failed to get a good pic of the formed glass rear door which is sweet. I’ll do that tomorrow.

A6C1BE4F-461B-4E55-91AE-55094651A5E6.jpeg
94757C29-7528-4695-9072-E5C6EE8A97B2.jpeg
D3FE68CC-EE74-4C7E-8D76-15B465948DCD.jpeg

As mentioned above here’s a few pics of the formed glass rear door.

Also should mention you can get keyless lock that works with your truck key which this one has. Pretty slick.

66D944B5-47D2-4FC6-8ECB-0100202E0E06.jpeg
B511FAEB-461F-4AB9-9B45-0A371E6AD309.jpeg

Looks good. Does the CX have provisions for a roof rack?

Looks good. Does the CX have provisions for a roof rack?
As far as I know no. I think ARE has other options if a roof rack is desired. I think Gearhead posted a few of those above.

I have no use for one as I'm generally either pulling a camper or if I need more space I've got a hitch rack.

The CX is super nice though. Very sleek. Looks great. Formed glass door is a huge upgrade from my old ARE topper that had the standard aluminum framed door on my tundra.

I plan to install a decked system at some point. Highly recommend the side doors on the topper as well. Super convenient and my hope is with the decked system it will make everything sit up higher in the bed and be even more easily accessible.

I'm a fan of the smart cap:

I'm a fan of the smart cap:

I looked pretty hard at those as well. Well thought out design and love the idea of the positive pressure vent.

They do allow for a roof rack as far as I know, for Canzr2 asking earlier in this thread.

ARE was just a little more sleek looking to me and I could get it in the same color as my truck (yes I’m sure you could have it painted). AND I don’t have a need for a roof rack so that’s where I ended up.

Most Member Reactions

Back