Toyota Tundra TRD Pro vs. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ZR2: The Other Off-Road Trucks

That's a pretty good article. I looked at the TRD Pro at Barrett Jackson a few weeks ago. I told the Toyota person, what's the use building a truck like this and Toyota can't supply the customers with it? People wait for maybe a year to get one. I actually liked the TRD, but I won't wait that long for a vehicle. Too many loose ends on delivery. The Titan Pro 4X is a really nice truck and overlooked as well. No cylinder de-activation or ASS either. I wish I would've paid more attention to the Titan. The Pro 4X was never as nice as the new one is. Their 5.6 liter is really a good engine too, like the old Tundra V8. Thanks for posting SG.

That's a pretty good article. I looked at the TRD Pro at Barrett Jackson a few weeks ago. I told the Toyota person, what's the use building a truck like this and Toyota can't supply the customers with it? People wait for maybe a year to get one. I actually liked the TRD, but I won't wait that long for a vehicle. Too many loose ends on delivery. The Titan Pro 4X is a really nice truck and overlooked as well. No cylinder de-activation or ASS either. I wish I would've paid more attention to the Titan. The Pro 4X was never as nice as the new one is. Their 5.6 liter is really a good engine too, like the old Tundra V8. Thanks for posting SG.
Agree…the 4Xpro is a real sleeper.Ben Hardy did a nice YouTube review on it. Only knock from me is it could use better shocks

Di

Different price points Starts at 53
Still not competitive based on what's in the market today. I looked at one...fit and finish was terrible...looks funny to me and the interior is a non-starter.

A family member just bought a Captsone Tundra. The drivetrain in that thing is incredibly smooth. It feels much quicker than my ZR2 when in reality it is not.

A family member just bought a Captsone Tundra. The drivetrain in that thing is incredibly smooth. It feels much quicker than my ZR2 when in reality it is not.
Add a good CAI (S&B conduct and publish solid empirical data,) and then open up the exhaust with a free-flowing cat-back, and it really opens up the motor. The same long block as the Corvette, just different exhaust and intake manifolds.

I was really surprised to see MT not hold back on the Toyota. My Dad toured the San Antonio plant a couple of years ago and he couldn't believe how thin the Al was on the body panels. MT seems to agree that build quality and fit/finish are just not there where you would think they would otherwise be for a Toyota produced at a late-model production facility like San Antonio. Really surprising.

When we were shopping for my Wife's SUV, I was open to considering the new Sequioa built off the same line in San Antonio but everything I read on ToYo dealers and their arrogance in their products steered me clear away. I grew up with Chevrolet - I don't need a ToYo anything, that bad.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back