Chevy Performance Exhaust

I've been looking at a ZR2 and I drove one that had the Borla after-market exhaust. My wife vetoed the truck based on noise alone. Even I found the noise intrusive on the highway. It sounded great on start-up, though. I plan to drive one with the 'stock' exhaust in hopes that it is a quieter ride.

I've been looking at a ZR2 and I drove one that had the Borla after-market exhaust. My wife vetoed the truck based on noise alone. Even I found the noise intrusive on the highway. It sounded great on start-up, though. I plan to drive one with the 'stock' exhaust in hopes that it is a quieter ride.
good info...can you give more specifics? year? exhaust type? manufacturer?

If your looking at a new 2024, you can run in stealth mode or sport mode to get the sound you want. It has an Active Exhaust valve that changes the sound. Some people have posted about it.

If your looking at a new 2024, you can run in stealth mode or sport mode to get the sound you want. It has an Active Exhaust valve that changes the sound. Some people have posted about it.
I pick up a new 2024 ZR2 tomorrow. After we drove it, my wife decided the stock Active Exhaust is acceptable in Normal mode. Even in Sport, she didn't find it all that objectionable. Looking forward to it!

i do and touring is great. i think i was refering to a new front pipe with the harmonizer attached to quiet S type down.
Glad it’s working for you.

I reached out for a quote on the parts. My wife hates the cold start so it’ll be swapped soon.

In other news I will have the front half of a Borla type-S system for sale.

Just got a response from borla on the parts needed to convert to touring.
From #140913

Front Pipe $150

Touring Muffler $500
I just received a quote from Borla for this conversion…$740 plus shipping, plus taxes. Will end up being $900.

I can get a new touring system for $1275.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back