2 inch Lift Added

AXE

Reaction score
I added a 2 inch lift today! It's about 43.5 inches to top of fender well in front and 44 inches in the rear. That's with 295/70 R18 Toyo RT Trails that are about 34.5 inches tall.

Looks pretty good!

Attachments

• 20230618_132239.jpg
    20230618_132239.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 1,398
Last edited:
Lift is from a well known company called Jack Stand.....LOL!

I was just doing a little experimenting with ride heights. Then got busy with photo editing.

As I suspected about 2.5 inches in front and 2 inches in back looks pretty good and the proportions of the truck look better IMO. Also sitting in it allows for better visibility, which is the thing I miss the most for my Duramax.

Lifts are mostly non functional if you can't run larger tires, so I feel like with 34 to 35 inch tires, going to a taller lift doesn't do much other than add void space between tires and fender well.

I wish a lift company would offer a 2 or 2.5 inch lift for the truck, but it would be a small market, so they might not be interested.

Attachments

• 20230618_125944.jpg
    20230618_125944.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 298
I wish a company would come out with a 2” lift that utilizes a leaf pack instead of lift blocks.

Reactions: AXE
I wish a company would come out with a 2” lift that utilizes a leaf pack instead of lift blocks.
That would be awesome, specifically with an overload leaf. I've towed a few times now and I think the rear end is a little lightly sprung. Since they boast a nearly 9k tow rating it needs to be stiffer.

I’m hopeful GM has the support for this truck like they did for the Colorado. They made long travel DSSV’s, different leaf spring packs and all kinds of stuff including the normal level kits and body lifts.

Anytime you space a strut you are effecting suspension articulation geometry. Same goes for the rear shocks with added blocks. The only way around it is adjustable struts which means the DSSV’s go on eBay.

Call me a pansy but these trucks ride so good I’m afraid to play with them.

It does look good though!

But, with Mary who knows. I’m sure it was the shareholders with a gun to her skull to green light the next gen money printers gen 6 small blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Yeah it's easy to screw up suspension with hack kits and shitty parts.

I've lifted my last two Duramaxes about 5-6 inches. The Cognito kit with Fox shocks ride really nice when working moderate to hard, but no matter what it was a little stiff over light stuff in that heavy truck.

The DSSV shocks is what makes it more dynamic over a broader range of conditions.

Last edited:
I added a 2 inch lift today! It's about 43.5 inches to top of fender well in front and 44 inches in the rear. That's with 295/70 R18 Toyo RT Trails that are about 34.5 inches tall.

Looks pretty good!
Dayum Bro! That is Awesome! You are always at it - I'm trying to keep up with you and your mods - thanks for the updates.

Peak suspension just released one. They are coming out with a solution for the rear as well. For off-roading they recommend adding some control arms.

It's a hybrid spacer and collar lift. I'd imagine that the ride would be a bit stiff since it is preloading the spring.

Last edited:
Excellent find, thanks for posting this!

I am not familiar with Peak, but they are clearly making some nice products. It is just what the doctor ordered for these trucks. Priced pretty good too.

I would really like to see some different springs for the rear.

I did a similar lift on my boys Tacoma with Bilstein 5100 socks and it rode great just like the ZR2.

Excellent find, thanks for posting this!

I am not familiar with Peak, but they are clearly making some nice products. It is just what the doctor ordered for these trucks. Priced pretty good too.

I would really like to see some different springs for the rear.

I did a similar lift on my boys Tacoma with Bilstein 5100 socks and it rode great just like the ZR2.

No problem! Here is an install video if you'd like to see what all is involved

On Instagram Peak Suspensions mentions an Add A Leaf system that they have for these trucks. I couldnt find it on their site so you'd have to call them.

Curious on the silver truck specs. It says “35’s” but almost looks like it still has stock wheels with spacers?

I like the general look, even just the leveling spacer and the wheel offset might be enough for me…maybe a slightly wider tire than stock

Reactions: AXE
I watched the video. It's a pretty straightforward process. I've done a few and have all the tools, so wouldn't be a big deal to install.

There's a shop down the street that will pull the springs. He just tells me to leave some cash for the mechanics for beer money. I usually leave them $25 per spring.

I'm debating if I want to spend more money on this truck. If I get the 2500HD ZR2 in the fall, I'll need some cabbage to outfit that one too. I sat in a 24 HD the other day and they sit pretty high. So with 35s I don't think I'll lift it.

Last edited:
I watched the video. It's a pretty straightforward process. I've done a few and have all the tools, so wouldn't be a big deal to install.

There's a shop down the street that will pull the springs. He just tells me to leave some cash for the mechanics for beer money. I usually leave them $25 per spring.

I'm debating if I want to spend more money on this truck. If I get the 2500HD ZR2 in the fall, I'll need some cabbage to outfit that one too. I say in a 24 HD the other day and they sit pretty high. So with 35s I don't think I'll life it.
Yeah, that’s the other reason I was thinking “level” vs more $$$.

I drove a 24HD high country the other day and agree, add 1.5” lift (I think that’s what I read) and 35’s and I’m going to assume it’s about right for me. I’m used to a ‘16 HD with 3.5” lift, fox shocks, and 35’s. My hope is the DSSVs are equivalent or better than the fox’s…it’s a pretty solid setup to beat though.

Told dealer I didnt want to formally commit until I drove one…no HD ZR2 drive reviews or anything out yet that I’ve seen, it’s a bit hard to justify committing to that kind of coin IMO

Yep, I asked the manager if I had to put a deposit down and if I could decline purchase...... he said "we'll take care of you". I guess we'll see. I'm not terribly concerned and I'm trying to figure out if I can justify keeping both trucks. Really like the 1500, except towing!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back