2023 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
MY23_Colorado_ZR2_Desert-Boss.jpeg

The range-topper is the ZR2. Building on top of the Z71, it has unique front and rear bumpers designed for improved ground clearance, and the truck has a suspension lift around 3 inches over the base trucks. Four-wheel drive is, of course, standard, and it's paired with the high-output 310-horsepower engine, which makes 430 pound-feet of torque. The suspension includes Multimatic spool valve shocks, which are now mounted outboard at the rear. Front and rear locking differentials are also included along with 17-inch alloy wheels with 33-inch mud-terrain tires and the wider track like the Trail Boss. Protection comes from aluminum skid plates and steel rock rails.

The ZR2 includes a variety of comfort and convenience features, too, such as a heated front seats with power adjustments for the driver, dual-zone climate control, auto-dimming mirror and a tilt and telescoping steering column. Options are similar to the Z71, though the advanced trailering package is not on offer. A special-edition Desert Boss package is available, which adds beadlock-capable wheels, a sport bar with off-road lights and black badging.

Source

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 5.28.20 PM.png

Chevy nailed it on the design! I think that looks really good.

1659143012924.png
1659143040846.png

Its got a pretty aggressive stance on this ZR2, and I'm kinda digging the new color.

I really like it. I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 and it was a great truck. Only complaint is that it was a little small for me in the driver seat. I'm tall with long legs and my knee would always hit the shifter. That doesn't look like it will be a problem on this one.

When price is announced, I will strongly consider a ZR2 if there's a big enough gap between it and a Silverado.

I always kind of wanted the current zr2, but thought the interior was crap. Glad to see they stepped up the interior. Wish they would have kept the v6. A supercharged v6 would have been fun. Still might get one.

I really like it. I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 and it was a great truck. Only complaint is that it was a little small for me in the driver seat. I'm tall with long legs and my knee would always hit the shifter. That doesn't look like it will be a problem on this one.

When price is announced, I will strongly consider a ZR2 if there's a big enough gap between it and a Silverado.
I am in the same boat, I don't have anymore car seats to put in the back just a booster now so I don't need as much space as I did with the Silverado. the slightly bigger Colorado ZR2 would be a great alternative. I am only 6ft so I don't think I will have the driver seat space issue.

Most Member Reactions

Back