2023 Colorado ZR2 Order

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
I've ordered myself a 2023 Colorado ZR2. I've found that I don't really need a full size truck and the new Colorado sure looks nice. Not sure yet if I'll actually buy it as I need to drive it and see how much room it actually has first. I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 that I really liked but it was a little tight for me. Hopefully the new one will have a little more room up front.

I'm kinda wishing I had gone with Sterling Gray over white. I love my Sand Dune but I wanted a different color this time.

myzr2.jpg
myzr2-2.jpg
myzr2-2-4.jpg

I've ordered myself a 2023 Colorado ZR2. I've found that I don't really need a full size truck and the new Colorado sure looks nice. Not sure yet if I'll actually buy it as I need to drive it and see how much room it actually has first. I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 that I really liked but it was a little tight for me. Hopefully the new one will have a little more room up front.

I'm kinda wishing I had gone with Sterling Gray over white. I love my Sand Dune but I wanted a different color this time.

View attachment 4678View attachment 4679View attachment 4680
I love the power number for this turbo 4 but am really surprised by the EPA estimates. Not much better than our current 6.2.

I love the power number for this turbo 4 but am really surprised by the EPA estimates. Not much better than our current 6.2.
It looks like real world numbers are going to be better. I guess we'll see once more of these start hitting the streets. Based on the full size 2.7s, it should definitely get better than the 6.2L.

I had a 2018 Colorado ZR2 before going back to a full sized with this Silverado ZR2. Your 2016 and my 2018 should have had the same sized interior. The latest Colorado is actually about an inch smaller inside than* the last gen.

Nice looking rig!

They should sell a ZR2 package with the Colorado, 1500, and 2500, so a guy had what he needs for every occasion!

I was planning to buy 2023 Colorado ZR2 but then I bought Silverado ZR2. I was not sure when it may come and if it will be available at MSRP.

But now I am loving Full Size truck with same capabilities, more comfort and smooth V8 engine

View attachment 4678View attachment 4679View attachment 4680
Great looking build! Any idea when it's supposed to go into production?

Change of plans. Since Colorado ZR2 build dates keep getting pushed back and interest rates keep rising, I decided to pass on it and get something less expensive. I saved myself about $9k and got a Colorado Trail Boss instead. I never really use the luxury features on my ZR2 so I felt like I didn't need everything that I had ordered with the Colorado ZR2.

I ordered a loaded Trail Boss and it showed up yesterday. Today is the last day with my Silverado ZR2. Great truck for 9k miles. I know there will be times where I miss the room, especially in the backseat, and I will definitely miss the LED headlights. I think I'll be happier with the Colorado overall though.

IMG-2784.jpg
IMG-2785.jpg

Change of plans. Since Colorado ZR2 build dates keep getting pushed back and interest rates keep rising, I decided to pass on it and get something less expensive. I saved myself about $9k and got a Colorado Trail Boss instead. I never really use the luxury features on my ZR2 so I felt like I didn't need everything that I had ordered with the Colorado ZR2.

I ordered a loaded Trail Boss and it showed up yesterday. Today is the last day with my Silverado ZR2. Great truck for 9k miles. I know there will be times where I miss the room, especially in the backseat, and I will definitely miss the LED headlights. I think I'll be happier with the Colorado overall though.

View attachment 5494View attachment 5495
Always good idea to listen to self. Enjoy!!👍

Looks good! I like those tires and wheels, some of the nicest stock wheels I've seen!

I had a 97 Chevy S10 ZR2 and to this day, I still think it was the one of best trucks I've driven. I could really get around the desert and forest hunting and fishing. Decent power and excellent suspension.

Seen this 2000 at the gas station a couple weeks back. Still looked good, but the guy said it was hard to get parts.

Attachments

• 20230428_150749.jpg
    20230428_150749.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230428_150711.jpg
    20230428_150711.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 25

If I didn't need all the room for the kiddos and their posse, I would have gone with the Colorado platform. The truck looks amazing and the price tag is much better. Good luck, Gearhead. I hope you update us on the positives and negatives.

Looks sharp! Did you get the high output tune on the engine?

Reactions: AXE
I really like the looks of the new Colorado. Interior is very similar to ours also. I think the zr2 desert boss looks amazing, but I am an 80s kid lol. They are just to small for me though. I was worried about going down to a 1500. Just no way a midsized would work for me. They are sharp though and probably can fit most anywhere.

I think you might regret going trail boss depending on how you optioned it. From what ive seen online watching reviews, trailboss can be pretty bare bones. Basically a cross between a WT and LT trim. That's a huge step down from ZR2. Personally led headlights are a must for me. I'm also a pretty big fan of the extras like the 360 camera's , camera mirror and vented seats. But I get those options might not be worth it to everyone.

I really like the looks of the new Colorado. Interior is very similar to ours also. I think the zr2 desert boss looks amazing, but I am an 80s kid lol. They are just to small for me though. I was worried about going down to a 1500. Just no way a midsized would work for me. They are sharp though and probably can fit most anywhere.

I think you might regret going trail boss depending on how you optioned it. From what ive seen online watching reviews, trailboss can be pretty bare bones. Basically a cross between a WT and LT trim. That's a huge step down from ZR2. Personally led headlights are a must for me. I'm also a pretty big fan of the extras like the 360 camera's , camera mirror and vented seats. But I get those options might not be worth it to everyone.
I came from a Silverado Custom Trail Boss to a ZR2. I loved my Custom Trail Boss. Actually liked it better than the ZR2 overall. I don't care at all about the luxury features that the ZR2 has. Sure, heated and ventilated seats are nice but not something that's a must have for me.

This truck does have surround vision and all of the safety tech so it really has everything I wanted except for LED headlights. If I end up regretting it, it will be because of the size. It's a lot smaller inside but since it's just me and the wife, it should be fine.

I’ve not
I came from a Silverado Custom Trail Boss to a ZR2. I loved my Custom Trail Boss. Actually liked it better than the ZR2 overall. I don't care at all about the luxury features that the ZR2 has. Sure, heated and ventilated seats are nice but not something that's a must have for me.

This truck does have surround vision and all of the safety tech so it really has everything I wanted except for LED headlights. If I end up regretting it, it will be because of the size. It's a lot smaller inside but since it's just me and the wife, it should be fine.
I’ve not looked but are their LED conversion options or bulbs swaps or anything? I’ve been looking at one for my daughter for college and that was something I might upgrade. They seem like a solid option quite to me with plenty of capability for everything my outdoor daughter enjoys - upland hunting, Duck hunting, kayaking, camping, hiking, climbing, etc.

Most Member Reactions

Back