2023 Skid Plate Removal

jgreen33

Reaction score
How do I remove the front skid plate on my 23 zr2? I am going to take it to have it line x'd. Thanks for any help or links to videos, i havent been able to find instructions yet.

I have no idea if its just bolts holding it on, I am not mechanically savvy whatsoever

I have no idea if its just bolts holding it on, I am not mechanically savvy whatsoever
i would start with these bolts and work your way back.

Attachments

• 20240201_121032.jpg
    20240201_121032.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 54
Had my front bumper, facia/skid plate and rear bumper Line-X coated. I just let them do all the work. They said it was a pain because of the number of bolts. I sent them a link to a YouTube video on removing the front bumper. Bumper removal starts at the 10 minute mark.
IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0689.jpeg

Exactly, also good for rust prevention when dealing with road salt.
These days trucks are too expensive to replace every 5 years due to body and frame rust.
This is crazy awesome. Looks rugged. How much did it cost, if you don't mind sharing?

This is crazy awesome. Looks rugged. How much did it cost, if you don't mind sharing?
Holly hell! What did this cost if you don’t mind me asking? It looks awesome. Anymore pics???

All shops are different but body only for the ZR2 1500 was $8500. (well worth it imo)

Don't ask me why but I've done this to every single one of my off-road vehicles over the past 10 years.

Attachments

• Front .jpg
    Front .jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Rear Quarter.jpg
    Rear Quarter.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Front Quarter.jpg
    Front Quarter.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 31
All shops are different but body only for the ZR2 1500 was $8500. (well worth it imo)

Don't ask me why but I've done this to every single one of my off-road vehicles over the past 10 years.
Cool. I hope it is worth that price long run.

Btw, did you paint the chassis too? It is very ugly looking wax coated (w/ dirt on top of it). This could be a great option.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back