My 2023 Sterling Gray

ODAVE

Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a Summit White ZR2 ordered since 3/22 and It's still not here! So, I called the dealer last week and cancelled after finding this 2023 Sterling Gray with same options built on 12/5/22.
MSRP was $76,855 after supplier pricing, Costco discount and red tag rebates price came out to $70,875+ tax/lic

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg11.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Sterling Gray is a much better color than white, imo. Great looking truck. I have the twin to it sitting in front of my desk right now.
I agree Sterling Gray is a great color. Thanks for all the updates for the 2022 White one over the last several months! So glad I'm still not waiting for it

Just had the PPF and ceramic coating done. Had the hood scoop PPF done in a matte finish to cut the glare

Attachments

• ZR2 PPF.jpg
    ZR2 PPF.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 438
  • ZR2 PPF 6.jpg
    ZR2 PPF 6.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 437
  • ZR2 PPF 3.jpg
    ZR2 PPF 3.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
I had a Summit White ZR2 ordered since 3/22 and It's still not here! So, I called the dealer last week and cancelled after finding this 2023 Sterling Gray with same options built on 12/5/22.
MSRP was $76,855 after supplier pricing, Costco discount and red tag rebates price came out to $70,875+ tax/lic

View attachment 1356View attachment 1357View attachment 1358View attachment 1359View attachment 1360View attachment 1361
Those are the deals that are coming. I got $7000 off MSRP, but mine was a carry over 2022. They were motivated to sell that old new truck. Also got middle book price for trade.

I'm pretty sure there is $10k off MSRP in the next few months as market tank. I seen one deal a couple weeks ago $8k off "manager special", probably a 2022.

Those are the deals that are coming. I got $7000 off MSRP, but mine was a carry over 2022. They were motivated to sell that old new truck. Also got middle book price for trade.

I'm pretty sure there is $10k off MSRP in the next few months as market tank. I seen one deal a couple weeks ago $8k off "manager special", probably a 2022.
That MSRP and purchase price was very close to what I just paid for my 2023. And I used 0% for 36 months. I figured why not use the zero percent Instead of using cash. 2023 models do have a $3000 base price increase over the 2022, so we got hit there, but I think we may be seeing an end to the MSRP and above pricing. By year end, there could be some fire sales.

That MSRP and purchase price was very close to what I just paid for my 2023. And I used 0% for 36 months. I figured why not use the zero percent Instead of using cash. 2023 models do have a $3000 base price increase over the 2022, so we got hit there, but I think we may be seeing an end to the MSRP and above pricing. By year end, there could be some fire sales.
100% agree!

0% is tough to beat. I don't usually finance, but certainly would at rates far enough below what you can get on your money in a 5% CD.

I'm planning on getting a new model Duramax too when they arrive this summer. Probably won't be many deals on those right away, might wait a little longer. My current one is still in excellent condition, so I won't get in a hurry.

Just had the PPF and ceramic coating done. Had the hood scoop PPF done in a matte finish to cut the glare
Damn that's a good looking truck. I've had my Z for 2 weeks now - the proportions of the ZR2 are perfect to my liking... visually a great looking rig.

Only issue is GM has already started throttling the truck line to keep a surplus being dumped into the market.

The ones they will continue to pound out will be 4 banger trucks. (CAFE rules everything around me)

Deals will be had, but I think the 9-10-11k off “truck month” deals are just stories for your children at this point of days gone by.

Only issue is GM has already started throttling the truck line to keep a surplus being dumped into the market.

The ones they will continue to pound out will be 4 banger trucks. (CAFE rules everything around me)

Deals will be had, but I think the 9-10-11k off “truck month” deals are just stories for your children at this point of days gone by.
I think $5-7k of is possible, as I just did that. However, it has to be the right dealer and timing. I waited them out 3 months to get pricing I wanted. Right when inventory was getting better. Looks like with production stopped it'll get harder again.

I think $5-7k of is possible, as I just did that. However, it has to be the right dealer and timing. I waited them out 3 months to get pricing I wanted. Right when inventory was getting better. Looks like with production stopped it'll get harder again.
i waited my dealer out. i was only person who showed interest. save 5k market adjust and got the GM rebate and another dealer rebate. sucked waiting though.

Reactions: AXE
I bought mine with price protection in may of last year. My truck OTD was about 67,800 for a loaded glacier blue.

Employee pricing and launch price. It’s astounding to me the inflation that’s occurred on these trucks in the past 12 months. Insanity.

Thought I'd post a few more pics of my 23 sterling gray.

101.jpg104.JPGb.jpgDelivery1.jpg103.jpggreenville.jpgzr2 snow.jpgengine.jpgtowboat.jpg
Mods to date, in no particular order:
1" front level kit
295/70-18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires
1/2" wheel spacers
Dorman Longer wheel studs
Black lug nuts
Super spring overloads
Start/stop eliminator
Ultimate 9 throttle controller
Mud flaps (weather tech)
589 Fabrication rear shock skids
Black ZR2 emblems
Kicker sub with knob
Headrest "ZR2" stitching
GM rubber bed mat
Complete front PPF with matte finish on hood scoop
Ceramic coating
Tinted front side windows
Borla Attack muffler
Airaid Jr.
Engine cover
Reviver license plate
LED reverse bulbs..........

Attachments

• zr2 snow2.jpg
    zr2 snow2.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 249
Thought I'd post a few more pics of my 23 sterling gray.

View attachment 5087View attachment 5088View attachment 5089View attachment 5090View attachment 5095View attachment 5092View attachment 5096View attachment 5091View attachment 5093
Mods to date, in no particular order:
1" front level kit
295/70-18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires
1/2" wheel spacers
Dorman Longer wheel studs
Black lug nuts
Super spring overloads
Start/stop eliminator
Ultimate 9 throttle controller
Mud flaps (weather tech)
589 Fabrication rear shock skids
Black ZR2 emblems