Some 2023 Chevy Silverado, Tahoe And Suburban Units Will Need A 6.2L V8 Engine Replacement

6.2L Engine replacement
ZR2 everyone that has had this issue, is the replacement engine any better than the original engine. Seems it will just happen again down the road. Any insight to the fellas, that have had their engine replaced what the dealers have expressed to you about the new engine.

@Honusurf I had the engine in my 23 HC replaced by GM after it failed towing an empty trailer on an uphill on I70 in Utah. I've put about 5k miles on it and everything has been fine.
The Z I've had no engine issues with.

6.2L Engine replacement
ZR2 everyone that has had this issue, is the replacement engine any better than the original engine. Seems it will just happen again down the road. Any insight to the fellas, that have had their engine replaced what the dealers have expressed to you about the new engine.
If you read the article, you will know the systemic cause and the solution. It was a manufacturing defect that has been addressed.

Update: 2023 ZR1 with 5000 miles, total engine failure.
Dealership says they can't find a engine or Radiator replacement. Gave me no time frame, and a POS Loner. I feel like I should be getting a whole new Truck for the Outrageous price I paid on this in november.
Has anyone received new replacement vehicle or is it just a waiting game? There should be more Compensation.

Dealership says they can't find a engine or Radiator replacement. Gave me no time frame, and a POS Loner. I feel like I should be getting a whole new Truck for the Outrageous price I paid on this in november.
Has anyone received new replacement vehicle or is it just a waiting game? There should be more Compensation.
Hate to see this happen! Good luck with whatever comes next.

You’re not getting a new truck

I think you need to take that one up the corporate ladder, maybe start with the GM where you purchased the truck from and maybe call GM (no)customer service as I refer to them. Good luck.

I think you need to take that one up the corporate ladder, maybe start with the GM where you purchased the truck from and maybe call GM (no)customer service as I refer to them. Good luck.
I did just that.
Here is the CEO response:
Dear Shane Alan Bryant,

Thank you for reaching out, and I appreciate your service as a Disabled Veteran. I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve faced with your 2023 ZR2 Silverado. Engine failure is a serious matter, especially for a relatively new vehicle.

I understand your frustration, and I assure you that we take such issues seriously. Let me address your concerns:

1. Engine Replacement: I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the engine failure. While we strive to repair vehicles promptly, I understand your point about replacing the engine with the same model. I will ensure that your case is reviewed thoroughly.
  2. Loaner Vehicle: It’s essential that you have reliable transportation during the repair process. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the loaner vehicle provided. I will escalate this matter to ensure you receive an appropriate loaner equivalent to your Silverado ZR2.
  3. Compensation: We value your loyalty as a customer, and I appreciate your patience. Our team will assess the situation and determine appropriate compensation for the inconvenience you’ve faced.
Please allow me some time to investigate this matter further. I will personally ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly. In the meantime, if you have any additional details or questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize once again for any inconvenience. We remain committed to providing excellent service to our customers.

Sincerely,

Mary Barra Chair and Chief Executive Officer General Motors

Contact Information: Email: [email protected] Phone: +1 (313) 556-5000 Address: 300 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48243

I did just that.

Dear Shane Alan Bryant,

Thank you for reaching out, and I appreciate your service as a Disabled Veteran. I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve faced with your 2023 ZR2 Silverado. Engine failure is a serious matter, especially for a relatively new vehicle.

I understand your frustration, and I assure you that we take such issues seriously. Let me address your concerns:

1. Engine Replacement: I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the engine failure. While we strive to repair vehicles promptly, I understand your point about replacing the engine with the same model. I will ensure that your case is reviewed thoroughly.
  2. Loaner Vehicle: It’s essential that you have reliable transportation during the repair process. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the loaner vehicle provided. I will escalate this matter to ensure you receive an appropriate loaner equivalent to your Silverado ZR2.
  3. Compensation: We value your loyalty as a customer, and I appreciate your patience. Our team will assess the situation and determine appropriate compensation for the inconvenience you’ve faced.
Please allow me some time to investigate this matter further. I will personally ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly. In the meantime, if you have any additional details or questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize once again for any inconvenience. We remain committed to providing excellent service to our customers.

Sincerely,

Contact Information: Email: [email protected] Phone: +1 (313) 556-5000 Address: 300 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48243
My 22 had engine failure Jan 2nd. I got all the run around by both dealership and GM. I went to dealership April 19, and made a very big scene. Not proud of the way I acted but have been very patient and very aggravated at the same time. Service manager called me last Tuesday said my truck would be ready middle of next week. Showing my ass seems to have gotten more done than anything.

I did just that.

Dear Shane Alan Bryant,

Sincerely,

You know that really wasn't written by Dragon...I mean Mary...right???

Go sit down with the GM of the dealer and make a deal. That's the quickest path. There's plenty of these trucks wasting away on lots. They'll want to sell another truck and they can resell the broken one at their leisure.

Then get a hold of GM customer service and amp things up. You want anything done nowadays you gotta raise hell. *Be nice until it's no longer time to be nice".

You don't owe these pricks an ounce of respect, but they owe you plenty. Tell them you ain't driving that shit box loaner either.

If you don't want to do it, send me your VIN and your dealer information and I'll call them for you.

Last edited:
My 22 had engine failure Jan 2nd. I got all the run around by both dealership and GM. I went to dealership April 19, and made a very big scene. Not proud of the way I acted but have been very patient and very aggravated at the same time. Service manager called me last Tuesday said my truck would be ready middle of next week. Showing my ass seems to have gotten more done than anything.
I'm proud of you, fuck these slugs putting out below average performance.

Most Member Reactions

Back