2025 Chevy Silverado HD Trail Boss Officially Unveiled

For most folks, like me, where a ZR2 is way overkill, it's a nice option to have.
Understood however---the new shocks are absolutely awesome on the road as well. I was skeptical about this package until I drove one.

If you go that option, I would immediately swap out this Ranchos for Bilstein 5100s. They don't cost much, but are way better than Ranchos.
1000%

Reactions: AXE
They said back when the ZR2 HD was announced that a HD Trailboss was coming. Kind of seems weird to me. Basically just seems like a LTZ with a Z71 package with trailboss badges. I figured it would have a lift like the 1500 TB. Sort of seems like the factory lift is the main reason to go TB. Also I would have thought the TB would have 18" rims like the ZR2 vs 20s.

Reactions: AXE
They said back when the ZR2 HD was announced that a HD Trailboss was coming. Kind of seems weird to me. Basically just seems like a LTZ with a Z71 package with trailboss badges. I figured it would have a lift like the 1500 TB. Sort of seems like the factory lift is the main reason to go TB. Also I would have thought the TB would have 18" rims like the ZR2 vs 20s.
I think it looks pretty good. I suspect the lift went by the wayside because the standard 2500s sit pretty tall anyway. Generally speaking it's an LTZ with some other bits.

This is a big miss for GM. Let's be honest. It's a Z-71 with WT black bumpers and the red tow hooks from the accessories catalog.

It should have been the ZR2 lift with Rancho shocks and 33s on unique 18s (or the Alaskans from the catalog). Offered on custom or LT It wouldn't have bit ZR2 sales and would have bridged the gap between a $60k Z-71 and a $80k ZR2. ZR2 could still market the unique selectable locker, DSSVs, 35s on ZR2 only wheels and all the LTZ schmoz on the inside.

This announcement was Mary Barra Malaise to the max.

This is a big miss for GM. Let's be honest. It's a Z-71 with WT black bumpers and the red tow hooks from the accessories catalog.

It should have been the ZR2 lift with Rancho shocks and 33s on unique 18s (or the Alaskans from the catalog). Offered on custom or LT It wouldn't have bit ZR2 sales and would have bridged the gap between a $60k Z-71 and a $80k ZR2. ZR2 could still market the unique selectable locker, DSSVs, 35s on ZR2 only wheels and all the LTZ schmoz on the inside.

This announcement was Mary Barra Malaise to the max.
Agree, they simply missed the mark here.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back