2025 Ram RHO Debuts As Chevy Silverado ZR2 Rival

Once I see them hit dealers lots, I'll be right there for a test drive! Loved my 19 and 21 Rams. If my 6.2 is on the "recall" list for an engine replacement, this may be my next truck or the 2500HD gasser in a HC or ZR2 package. Anything but another 6.2.

Never been a huge Dodge fan. TRX is pretty bad ass though. This truck looks to be pretty awesome if they got it right. Not really for me as I prefer HDs. But that lighter engine with 540hp could be a great sport truck. I bet the stereo sounds better than a ZR2, lol

Promo hype. We will see. In article they go on to say “Although it does not directly rival the Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2, the new Ram RHO does serve as an indirect rival for the off-roader light-duty Silverado.”

It will absolutely compete with a ZR2. Basically the same tow and payload rating. Cheaper starting price. Better long travel offroad suspension and 540hp. If its starting price was up there with a Raptor then yeah maybe not. At 70k starting price, it's directly competing with a ZR2. Sure you could say the extra track width isn't the same. But most people wanted the 1500 zr2 to have long travel suspension, lol.

Let's be honest 1500s aren't fitting in tight spots anyway. Guys really worried about tight trails and size are going to go Colorado, taco, ranger raptor, ect. 1/2 ton buyers want the room and the suspension with some decent tow and payload ratings.

It will absolutely compete with a ZR2. Basically the same tow and payload rating. Cheaper starting price. Better long travel offroad suspension and 540hp. If its starting price was up there with a Raptor then yeah maybe not. At 70k starting price, it's directly competing with a ZR2. Sure you could say the extra track width isn't the same. But most people wanted the 1500 zr2 to have long travel suspension, lol.

Let's be honest 1500s aren't fitting in tight spots anyway. Guys really worried about tight trails and size are going to go Colorado, taco, ranger raptor, ect. 1/2 ton buyers want the room and the suspension with some decent tow and payload ratings.
Agree - the next gen Silverado platform is their chance to bring a more competitive zr2. As others have stated on the forum, this zr2 is a current gen Silverado with some great off roading bits added (which simply wasn’t designed to directly compete with TRX, raptor, and now this truck). The Colorado is a solid example of “ground up” that checks more boxes.

Now, I actually love it for what it is / how I use it as I don’t want wider and long travel…just better than a Trailboss. But to generate a long travel suspension with wider track, accommodate bigger rubber, and increased horsepower they have to really build that vs adding on.

I have a '23 TRX I ordered from Granger in 2022. great outfit and I love the TRX.

But the RHO is like a 6 banger raptor , impressive pickup with a crap engine that sounds like a flat brim tweaker's fart can Honda. there is no way to make any 4 or 6 banger cool, end of story they suck.

I bought the ZR2 for the wife and I like it. no, it's not in the same class as the TRX but it's not intended to be, but for real life off-roading the ZR2 is much better. the 6.2 sounds good and runs good. I don't give a FF if it needs a lifter some day I'll take my chances on that over the guaranteed humiliation and disappointment of a gay 6 banger.

I have a '23 TRX I ordered from Granger in 2022. great outfit and I love the TRX.

But the RHO is like a 6 banger raptor , impressive pickup with a crap engine that sounds like a flat brim tweaker's fart can Honda. there is no way to make any 4 or 6 banger cool, end of story they suck.

I bought the ZR2 for the wife and I like it. no, it's not in the same class as the TRX but it's not intended to be, but for real life off-roading the ZR2 is much better. the 6.2 sounds good and runs good. I don't give a FF if it needs a lifter some day I'll take my chances on that over the guaranteed humiliation and disappointment of a gay 6 banger.
So how do you really feel🤔

Since you asked, I feel like even if GM has a few problems with their V8's at least they're still offering them. ram is done with the v8 for '25 and Ford only offers a little one in a couple trim levels. I suspect in '25 the Raptor R will be the only 1/2 ton Ford with one.

So that's why I bought a Chevy, and I like it. we have F350's but it's nice to have a short half ton for a car, the TRX is more of a toy. I'm sure this will be the last gas V8 I ever buy, so I'm either going to have to keep it going a long time, go to all Super Duty's or have a sex change so I can drive a 6.

Most Member Reactions

Back