3D Printing

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
I have recently started designing some interior pieces for a family members car. This got me thinking about our truck and what custom brackets/parts you would like to see. Drop your ideas!

I am currently planning on a custom mounting location for Upfitter switches in the cubby above the infotainment screen.

I'd like to see a dash or console mount for a CMMG Banshee AR Pistol. It's only got a 10 inch barrel, but I like to run an 8 inch suppressor on it, so need room in front or vertically.

Maybe a Glock 29 mag holder that'll hold two extra 30 round mags in 10mm.

#truckgun

Attachments

• 20201227_123245.jpg
    20201227_123245.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 39
I'd like to see a dash or console mount for a CMMG Banshee AR Pistol. It's only got a 10 inch barrel, but I like to run an 8 inch suppressor on it, so need room in front or vertically.

#truckgun
I like the CMMG line. You got the good optic too.

Reactions: AXE

#truckgun
I’ve got one chambered in 7.62x39 which is an impressive flame thrower unsuppressed. CMMG is good stuff. So much fun! EO Tech and Trijicon all the way!

So I'm wondering if you can 3D print some parts that would fit into the space behind the screen and into the cup holders on the rear of the center console?

I need them to be solid blocks and would like the rear cup holder to be monolithic so connected in the space between cup holders.

Attachments

• 20231209_171234.jpg
    20231209_171234.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231209_171224.jpg
    20231209_171224.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 36

#truckgun
Where the hell do you live that you need this in the truck!

Sometimes I'm in the city, sometimes in the country. I may or may not need it, I just want to have the option have it. I'm never too far away from my tools.

Back when trucks were cool and people were too, we only had standard cab trucks with gun racks in the rear window. I'm trying to bring back the good times!

Last edited:
I have noted all design ideas. I am using a new design software than I was trained on so a learning curve is present.

I have noted all design ideas. I am using a new design software than I was trained on so a learning curve is present.
That's part of what I was wondering about. Do you just pull basic dimensions then create a CAD drawing?

Is there a way to create the drawing using a scan of a physical model or how do you get the parts to fit precisely?

I was thinking of making a clay model, then create a mold, and then pour epoxy into the mold to get the final part. Seems antiquated tho.

Most Member Reactions

Back