AT4X Makes an Appearance

AXE

Reaction score
Last edited:
Yes, it sucks. That track was there first! But as you know in this State developer dollars mean more!
Yep, it happened here too with race tracks and MX tracks. They say we're running out of water, but there's always room for another 20k homes if you grease the right palms.

I agree! Seems to me that people of power don't like hot - rods, motorcycles or guns! WTF. Maybe "EV",s?
Yep they've approved massive projects for building chip plants, EVs (Lucid, Faraday, Nikola), and data centers. They use massive amounts of water and power. I ran a power line into a data center and chip plant. It takes more juice than a small town. Now they've restricted all the land around them and you can't drive on the desert trails because of "preservation", yet right next to it they cleared 1000 acres for Taiwan Semiconductor to build.......LOL.

I guess I shouldn't bitch, almost every power project I've done was because of growth and reliability. It made for a good career. When I got here the state had about 3.7 million now its about 8 million, too many for me. I know the whole front range looks the same.

Yep they've approved massive projects for building chip plants, EVs (Lucid, Faraday, Nikola), and data centers. They use massive amounts of water and power. I ran a power line into a data center and chip plant. It takes more juice than a small town. Now they've restricted all the land around them and you can't drive on the desert trails because of "preservation", yet right next to it they cleared 1000 acres for Taiwan Semiconductor to build.......LOL.

I guess I shouldn't bitch, almost every power project I've done was because of growth and reliability. It made for a good career. When I got here the state had about 3.7 million now its about 8 million, too many for me. I know the whole front range looks the same.
We are not as big as the Phoenix Metro valley. But growing. This State has become really expensive to live in! I came here with a couple buddies after the Nam days back in 1970. I thought this place was awesome! It might as well be one totally connected suburb from the Colorado springs area to Fort Collins. New residents seem to like it OK, but us folks that have been here 50+ years not so much. Most all my friends who grew up here moved out years ago. They obviously saw something I didn't! None of them could afford to come back here even if they wanted to. They were all home owners as well.

I think you chose a unique career, and a good one to.

Most Member Reactions

Back