Auto Dimming Lights / Google Questions

859ZR2

Reaction score
Is there a trick to get your Auto Dimming Lights to work consistently. I seem to have to tap the brights a few times followed by pressing the Auto Dimming Lights button to get them to activate. Also, Google Assistant constantly asks to sync my contacts. If I deny, it never gives up same if I allow it. It's like my kids on a road trip.

Is there a trick to get your Auto Dimming Lights to work consistently. I seem to have to tap the brights a few times followed by pressing the Auto Dimming Lights button to get them to activate. Also, Google Assistant constantly asks to sync my contacts. If I deny, it never gives up same if I allow it. It's like my kids on a road trip.
The rule is the following:

TAP...TAP...FLASH...TAP...FLASH...FLASH...TAP ;)

You can disable the google apps if you don’t use them. I posted the steps in a thread somewhere.

He is correct. If you turn on your fog lights from the dash button it disables the Auto high beams.. Boost auto has a mod that will allow your fogs to always be on or come on anytime your High beams are on and still have auto high beams. But from the factory you can't run your fogs and high beams.

He is correct. If you turn on your fog lights from the dash button it disables the Auto high beams.. Boost auto has a mod that will allow your fogs to always be on or come on anytime your High beams are on and still have auto high beams. But from the factory you can't run your fogs and high beams.
I put the boost mod in right away, so that's why I never noticed an issue with mine.

On mine I had to make sure I either accepted or declined to sync my contacts while CarPlay was not connected otherwise it would keep asking. CarPlay and google features are not 100% integrated well enough. You’re almost better off using all of one of the other. But that’s not a great solution. I like some features of each.

imo, android auto is very intrusive.
On mine I had to make sure I either accepted or declined to sync my contacts while CarPlay was not connected otherwise it would keep asking. CarPlay and google features are not 100% integrated well enough. You’re almost better off using all of one of the other. But that’s not a great solution. I like some features of each.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back