Auto stop off

cgrubb1

Reaction score
Dumb question, but I know with “chip shortages” some trucks came without the auto stop. I also know currently there aren’t any programmers that can override it. I don’t really want to disassemble the dash and hack into wiring harness. So is it possible to remove the “chip” that controls the auto stop? I know that you can get dealer to retroactively install chips for missing components, but could you remove them?

I was wondering the same thing but to remove the AFM so my borla would sound consistent when driving

The only way I found around it until a tuner comes out is to drive it in tow haul mode, will not auto shut off in this mode.. To stop it from switching from 8 cylinder put the truck in 9th gear, this will keep it running on all 8 cylinders.. Hopefully the Pulsar or something like it comes out soon..

The only way I found around it until a tuner comes out is to drive it in tow haul mode, will not auto shut off in this mode.. To stop it from switching from 8 cylinder put the truck in 9th gear, this will keep it running on all 8 cylinders.. Hopefully the Pulsar or something like it comes out soon..
autostopeliminator.com Professionally built wiring harness eliminates this annoying button! I had one in my F150. You will love it.

I haven't seen this before. Interesting!
Me either...been Googling and came across it. Spoke to the engineer who designed it yesterday and it has a 90-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty. I have used the AutoStartStopEliminator in the past, but too much trouble taking the whole dash apart just for this. This company's solution is far better IMPO.

Me either...been Googling and came across it. Spoke to the engineer who designed it yesterday and it has a 90-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty. I have used the AutoStartStopEliminator in the past, but too much trouble taking the whole dash apart just for this. This company's solution is far better IMPO.
Sounds like it has the same features. Since you are both engineers, this is a good recommendation.

Sounds like it has the same features. Since you are both engineers, this is a good recommendation.
Just to be totally transparent...the ASS Eliminator allows you to switch it off and on. Once you install the Smart Start Stop, the switch will do nothing and the ASS is left off permanently until you disconnect it from under the hood. I just want it off an have no intentions to turn it back on so, for me, this is a great solution.

Received my Auto Start Stop device yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to install it. Super easy and installs in the engine bay next to the battery. Works great and zero issues. I highly recommend this one versus the other device that requires you to disassemble half the dash.

Received my Auto Start Stop device yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to install it. Super easy and installs in the engine bay next to the battery. Works great and zero issues. I highly recommend this one versus the other device that requires you to disassemble half the dash.

Way to go! I'm assuming this is a plug & play, no wire cutting? I picked up my truck yesterday afternoon. Maybe a catch can. Pearl blue. She's got good power even with 3.23 gears, here at altitude. I'm driving it in manual L9 as many have stated so the cylinders don't de- activate. Someone's going to figure this code issue out! Maybe Pulsar? I've read that Lingenfelter has done it and is installing Magnusen SC on them?

Way to go! I'm assuming this is a plug & play, no wire cutting? I picked up my truck yesterday afternoon. Maybe a catch can. Pearl blue. She's got good power even with 3.23 gears, here at altitude. I'm driving it in manual L9 as many have stated so the cylinders don't de- activate. Someone's going to figure this code issue out! Maybe Pulsar? I've read that Lingenfelter has done it and is installing Magnusen SC on them?
Totally plug and play...zero wire cutting. The install could not be simpler :D

Reactions: AXE
Ok, I’m must be missing something just go my new 23 ZR2 and that was the first question I asked my sales guy and on start up you I just hit the A button on my console. Area. You guys talking about permanently removing the Auto/Stop/Start. And if so what is the benefit Vs what I’m doing ? Thanks

Ok, I’m must be missing something just go my new 23 ZR2 and that was the first question I asked my sales guy and on start up you I just hit the A button on my console. Area. You guys talking about permanently removing the Auto/Stop/Start. And if so what is the benefit Vs what I’m doing ? Thanks
Correct. There is a switch in the center to turn off auto stop. There is a couple different companies that sell accessories that allow you to turn it off and keep it off. The problem with the stock switch is every time you start the truck, auto stop turns back on. So basically if you don't want it on, you have to hit that switch every time you get in the truck. It doesn't sound like a big deal. After about 3 months I ended up installing a auto stop eliminator. I just don't like my truck cutting on and off every time I stop. Heck I'm one of those guys that if I'm just jumping out to check the mail or running inside to grab something. I leave my truck running. If I stop at a 4way or in the turning lane for 10 seconds I don't want my truck cutting off. Having to hit that button every time I got in the truck to disable it is just inconvenient.

Yes...permanently removing that feature so you don't have to hit the button every time you start the truck. The benefit? It's automatically off and I don't have to think about it every time I start my truck. Am I lazy? Some may say so. However, for a small price, and a 5-10 minute installation, it's one nuisance item I don't have to worry or think about any more :) Why anyone would ever want to leave this on is beyond me:unsure:

Yes...permanently removing that feature so you don't have to hit the button every time you start the truck. The benefit? It's automatically off and I don't have to think about it every time I start my truck. Am I lazy? Some may say so. However, for a small price, and a 5-10 minute installation, it's one nuisance item I don't have to worry or think about any more :) Why anyone would ever want to leave this on is beyond me:unsure:
I agree with you Guys. I had it in my F-150. I totally forgot about that switch after I installed ASS. I've go to get one for the ZR2, since I have to think about it every time I drive the truck.

Has anyone installed this?

Several members have. I chose a different device that installs in the engine bay in about 5 minutes. Cost a bit more, but I wasn't interested in pulling my dash apart using the one in the link. Either way, they are great products that do what they say and a good investment to prevent the nuisance of Auto S/S.

Has anyone installed this?

Yes, that's what is in mine. Has been for a while. Works perfectly. If you search the forum for it, You should find several threads about it. I know I posted several pictures. I I think I even posted the instructions, But I can't remember.

Yes, that's what is in mine. Has been for a while. Works perfectly. If you search the forum for it, You should find several threads about it. I know I posted several pictures. I I think I even posted the instructions, But I can't remember.
I had searched for it and this thread is the first that showed up. I remember those instructions, but couldn’t remember if it was this same item or not.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back