BACK FROM BODY SHOP JUST TO GO BACK AGAIN!

MNNJR69

Reaction score
Sorry finally got mine back from the body shop last week and before I even got in it, I noticed that they did not put the textured protective coat on the driver side. It was completely smooth and covered in overspray. Now I have to wait a week for them to take it back and fix it again 😖 This time, at least they offered a rental.

Reactions: AXE
Sorry finally got mine back from the body shop last week and before I even got in it, I noticed that they did not put the textured protective coat on the driver side. It was completely smooth and covered in overspray. Now I have to wait a week for them to take it back and fix it again 😖 This time, at least they offered a rental.
Curious how the color match is with GLT. Color has a lot of pearl in it.

Our painter has already told me he wouldnt want to Spray mine. (jokingly)

Curious how the color match is with GLT. Color has a lot of pearl in it.

Our painter has already told me he wouldnt want to Spray mine. (jokingly)
They did an outstanding job matching the paint! I was quite pleased, except for the textured layer missing as well as the driver's side passenger door being slightly out of line at the bottom. That and overspray everywhere...

Line - X

Well finally got it back and they did a great job. Got new door and fender and they matched the rock guard coating to close as possible. The owner of the shop worked with me to get the right texture pattern. He said 3m sells the kits for the texture coat and he bought 3 different kits to finally get it as close to original as he could. Matched the paint spot on!
Then I installed the OPT7 Redline triple row light bar. Very happy to have my baby blue back looking right again after almost 5 months 😊

Attachments

• 20230908_171036.jpg
    20230908_171036.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230908_170926.jpg
    20230908_170926.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Movie001.mp4
    15.4 MB
Last edited:
That’s great news! It’s nice to hear about a shop making an effort to get things just right.

How do you like that light bar? From your video it looks awesome

Love it. Some guys like the putco bar but In my opinion you get the same results for far less money. The op7 bar is a high quality product. I used the quick connect harness and about a dozen zip ties to make sure it was tied away nicely. The hardest part is taking the tailgate off to put the bar on. The adhesive is so strong you get one chance. You can't pull it off and then reposition it when it sticks it sticks and the only way you're going to get it off is to tear that bar apart. I highly recommend taking your time and going step-by-step. I did not disconnect the wiring to my tailgate but rather disconnected the tailgate in balanced it in the bed. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of disconnecting the wiring for the tailgate and it worked out okay.

Awesome, thank you for the detailed reply. I think you just sold me on it 🤣 I’ve been considering the putco but I’m not sure it’s worth that price.

Love it. Some guys like the putco bar but In my opinion you get the same results for far less money. The op7 bar is a high quality product. I used the quick connect harness and about a dozen zip ties to make sure it was tied away nicely. The hardest part is taking the tailgate off to put the bar on. The adhesive is so strong you get one chance. You can't pull it off and then reposition it when it sticks it sticks and the only way you're going to get it off is to tear that bar apart. I highly recommend taking your time and going step-by-step. I did not disconnect the wiring to my tailgate but rather disconnected the tailgate in balanced it in the bed. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of disconnecting the wiring for the tailgate and it worked out okay.
I did the same thing with mine. There was just enough to slide the tailgate into the bed without disconnecting it.
I used their plug n play harness too. Very easy install. I’m thinking of installing 2 more. 1 under the doors on each side. I would only hook them up for reverse, and the turn signal for the left and right side. I can’t decide if I want to hook up the running light too and just leave the brake wire disconnected.

Any way to turn that back up light on separately? That would be nice for trailer hook ups.

Any way to turn that back up light on separately? That would be nice for trailer hook ups.
Don't know, but it has its own wire specifically for reverse only. I'm not the best at wiring, but if I played with it I imagine I could figure it out. It's only three circuits.

Reactions: AXE
Awesome, thank you for the detailed reply. I think you just sold me on it 🤣 I’ve been considering the putco but I’m not sure it’s worth that price.
In my opinion, although the putco does seem to be a higher quality build as far as material and design, I don't believe it's worth another $200 compared to the Opt7. I think it just comes down to paying for a brand. The OPT7 is a quality build. I can't speak for the longevity, but I have not seen a lot of negative comments about it. I'm completely happy with mine. The Opt7 easy connect wiring harness and the light bar itself are less than just the putco light bar alone.

Well finally got it back and they did a great job. Got new door and fender and they matched the rock guard coating to close as possible. The owner of the shop worked with me to get the right texture pattern. He said 3m sells the kits for the texture coat and he bought 3 different kits to finally get it as close to original as he could. Matched the paint spot on!
Then I installed the OPT7 Redline triple row light bar. Very happy to have my baby blue back looking right again after almost 5 months 😊
🙌🙌💪💪🙏🏼

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back