Bad ZR2 2500HD

AXE

Reaction score
In this case, bad = horrible! I think it's damn near impossible to screw up a 2500HD ZR2, but these guys pulled it off at a very high level. They basically ruined the only thing that made it a ZR2, the suspension package.

If your gonna put $12k worth of lift and tires/wheels on a rig, why not start with an LTZ plus? The front clip on standard HDs goes much better with these type of lifts and wheels.

In this case, bad = horrible! I think it's damn near impossible to screw up a 2500HD ZR2, but these guys pulled it off at a very high level. They basically ruined the only thing that made it a ZR2, the suspension package.

If your gonna put $12k worth of lift and tires/wheels on a rig, why not start with an LTZ plus? The front clip on standard HDs goes much better with these type of lifts and wheels.

ugly looking rig.

lift geometry/height and wheels look weird.
Agree, what I meant by wow was it's hideous, totally ruined all the factory goodness this model has to offer, and then immediately traded it in? It says used so I assume those 1711 miles weren't put on driving to to get the work done and then shakedown mileage. some yuk will buy it tho is my guess.

Agree, what I meant by wow was it's hideous, totally ruined all the factory goodness this model has to offer, and then immediately traded it in? It says used so I assume those 1711 miles weren't put on driving to to get the work done and then shakedown mileage. some yuk will buy it tho is my guess.
agreed!!!!

People are weird man. The jacked up trucks with the huge rims and low profile tires fad can't die soon enough IMO. Looks dumb to me and makes trucks worse in all measures of a truck.

Lol, But I'm also one who thinks these things are getting almost to big and tall stock anyway. Bed access kind of sucks. I'm also having problems finding a drop hitch with enough drop that works with the multiflex tailgate. I haven't even bothered putting my rack on the HD yet cause I'm not sure it would be be very useful. I've not once loaded something in my truck or jumped in the bed and thought it's nice, but I wish it was taller, lol. We passed a semi on the interstate yesterday and my wife was like OMG that guy was texting while driving. I told her lots of them do it, Your just not normally up high enough to see into their cabs.

People are weird man. The jacked up trucks with the huge rims and low profile tires fad can't die soon enough IMO. Looks dumb to me and makes trucks worse in all measures of a truck.

Lol, But I'm also one who thinks these things are getting almost to big and tall stock anyway. Bed access kind of sucks. I'm also having problems finding a drop hitch with enough drop that works with the multiflex tailgate. I haven't even bothered putting my rack on the HD yet cause I'm not sure it would be be very useful. I've not once loaded something in my truck or jumped in the bed and thought it's nice, but I wish it was taller, lol. We passed a semi on the interstate yesterday and my wife was like OMG that guy was texting while driving. I told her lots of them do it, Your just not normally up high enough to see into their cabs.
100%. i get everyone has their own taste when it comes to personalising vehicles.

Everytime I've lifted a truck, my ol man would say "I don't know why you would ruin a good truck".....LOL

I wouldn't lift a truck that I was working with daily. But if you've looked at the standard HDs, they sit big too.

Mine have always been close to ZR2 height. It's an interesting affair trying to load a quad or motorcycle on a ramp......you damn well better be committed.

Everytime I've lifted a truck, my ol man would say "I don't know why you would ruin a good truck".....LOL

I wouldn't lift a truck that I was working with daily. But if you've looked at the standard HDs, they sit big too.

Mine have always been close to ZR2 height. It's an interesting affair trying to load a quad or motorcycle on a ramp......you damn well better be committed.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the HD. I actually think it's pretty proportioned stock. When it's parked off on it's own and you see it from a little distance. It looks like a normal truck, with just some decent sized tires. It doesn't look lifted, tires and rims look like they fit it right. Fender gap looks right. The tires don't take up to much space at the same time the tires are actually fit in the fenders. They aren't sitting below them like a lot of aftermarket lifted trucks look.

But yeah It's little on the tall side to me. It does look huge out it a parking lot mixed in with other vehicles. Probably is amplified with mine because It's painted Red Hot. My wife died laughing at the grocery store, back when I first got it. I dropped her off then flashed my lights when she walked out. When she walked up, I asked her what was so funny? She said me flashing my lights. Like I can't spot your truck in this parking lot. I seen where you parked before I even walked out the door, lol.

It's pretty wild how much the sizes have changed. My kids have a S10 extended cab and a 05 crew cab silverado. I did have a 2011 Duramax that a buddy owns. They were all parked in the driveway not to long ago and the size difference is wild. I mean my 1500 ZR2 was bigger than my 2011 duramax. The 24 HD, next to the 2011 makes the 2011 look like a midsize. Here is the 22 1500 next to the 2011 HD. As you know the difference between the ZR2 1500 and 2500 is about the same.
20220816_120147.jpg

I was actually half way to San Antonio to aquire this Robust Pavement Princes when all of a sudden this post slapped me like a half thawed slab of tuna.

Thanks @AXE

Guess I'll just stop at the Big Texan and try my hand at the 72 ounce Steak Challenge.

I was actually half way to San Antonio to aquire this Robust Pavement Princes when all of a sudden this post slapped me like a half thawed slab of tuna.

Thanks @AXE

Guess I'll just stop at the Big Texan and try my hand at the 72 ounce Steak Challenge.
I've eaten there........classic roadside grill! I didn't try the 72 oz, cause that's 60 oz more than I could handle after a loaded baked potato.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the HD. I actually think it's pretty proportioned stock. When it's parked off on it's own and you see it from a little distance. It looks like a normal truck, with just some decent sized tires. It doesn't look lifted, tires and rims look like they fit it right. Fender gap looks right. The tires don't take up to much space at the same time the tires are actually fit in the fenders. They aren't sitting below them like a lot of aftermarket lifted trucks look.

But yeah It's little on the tall side to me. It does look huge out it a parking lot mixed in with other vehicles. Probably is amplified with mine because It's painted Red Hot. My wife died laughing at the grocery store, back when I first got it. I dropped her off then flashed my lights when she walked out. When she walked up, I asked her what was so funny? She said me flashing my lights. Like I can't spot your truck in this parking lot. I seen where you parked before I even walked out the door, lol.

It's pretty wild how much the sizes have changed. My kids have a S10 extended cab and a 05 crew cab silverado. I did have a 2011 Duramax that a buddy owns. They were all parked in the driveway not to long ago and the size difference is wild. I mean my 1500 ZR2 was bigger than my 2011 duramax. The 24 HD, next to the 2011 makes the 2011 look like a midsize. Here is the 22 1500 next to the 2011 HD. As you know the difference between the ZR2 1500 and 2500 is about the same.
View attachment 9567
I changed oil and needed a step ladder......LOL......idiots put the damn oil fill tube back of motor by the firewall. If I lean over flat footed, I can grab the dipstick with my fingertip, then blindly try to reinsert it into the tube. You have to peek between battery and fusebox......LOL.

Somehow I figured you to be a LITTLE taller, But I know that even at almost 6'3" I need to get the ladder to clean the center of the windshield or get to the back center of the fake scoop, and to do the front part of the roof that I can't reach from the bed of the truck, these damn things are big and I don't like to stand on the door sills to reach shit. First world problems I tell ya! And the 2500 has just got to be that much taller/harder to reach.

I changed oil and needed a step ladder......LOL......idiots put the damn oil fill tube back of motor by the firewall. If I lean over flat footed, I can grab the dipstick with my fingertip, then blindly try to reinsert it into the tube. You have to peek between battery and fusebox......LOL.
Lol. Running wires and airlines on the HD I was literally laying and standing in the engine bay. No other way to run the stuff from the top out to the bottom under the firewall. My dipstick on the gasser is back of the engine pretty much at the firewall. It actually took me a second to find it.

I'm 6 foot and had work boots on. Nothing can be reached from the front unless you have 5 feet arms and knee pads. .The dipstick is well below grade.

Here's the setup. I'll post more on the crappy location of that oil fill tube. Try pouring a 2.5 gallon jug in a funnel that won't sit square and the oil jug hits the hood when you tip it......JFC.

Attachments

• 20240115_140422.jpg
    20240115_140422.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 26

Hey, maybe it’s already been brought up, or maybe it’s my ad blocker app, but the picture of the truck doesn’t show, and when I click on the link it says it’s remove. Is there another pic of it I could see?

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 13
Oof… to each their own, I guess. Thanks for posting images.
Man, I know the greatest freedom in owning a vehicle is making it look/perform the way you want it to, but that freedom goes both ways, like my freedom to opine that this is some serious LDE going on here. Nothing wrong with customizing your HD, but to take an already tuned rig, from the factory, and render those engineers hard work moot by slapping on some corny ass rims and tires is painful to see. Again, hate to yuck someone’s yum, but that thing is cheeks.

Most Member Reactions

Back