Banks I Dash 24 Chevy 2500hd ZR2

Rebelt

Reaction score
Anyone running a Banks I Dash. Can anyone tell me how I monitor Soot Levels for Regen purposes.

I am making the assumption that you have an idea of how the gauge works, but as a brief snapshot, the gauge is capable of from 5-8 results per page with up to 5 pages available to scroll between. Once you are setup you would go into settings and (I think) it is Gauge Selection.

If you have selected the correct vehicle type, assuming it will be DMAX L5P but I have the 3.0 liter so I am not sure what yours will be set for. Once you have the correct vehicle type selected you should find what you are looking for in the Gauge Selection section in one of 2 ways, but the easiest I think is to pick 'Category' and then 'Emissions' and then scroll through to find (I think) 'DPF SL %', which will be the soot level, there is also 'DPF RG %' which is the regen trigger that monitors all the regen trigger parameters (soot, distance, fuel used, time) and reports a reading that is tracking the highest offender leading to a regen. Usually the regen trigger will be equal to or maybe +1% from soot, but say you are on a longer trip and the EGT's get hot enough to start doing passive regen, your soot may go down or stop climbing, but the other triggers are still going up (time, distance, fuel used) so it could read higher than soot load will in that scenario.

Another one you will want is (I think) REGEN or something like that, it will say OFF when the truck is not in regen and ACT when the truck is in regen, temps will start rising in the exhaust and a regen will begin shortly after the Regen Trigger (DPF RG %) hits 100% regardless of what the DPF SL % is.

I am pretty familiar with the iDash since I have had my Data Monster for about 3 years, any questions let me know and I will be glad to help. Keep one other thing in mind, the older trucks that are Global A architecture (old style dash) will have more capabilities than our newer trucks running the Global B architecture (new refreshed interior), Banks is still trying to tame that beast.

I don't have a pic of my current first screen settings but it is this group with the DPFTIM MIN reading replaced with TC SLIP (Torque Converter Slip)

1713849784541.png

Last edited:
I am making the assumption that you have an idea of how the gauge works, but as a brief snapshot, the gauge is capable of from 5-8 results per page with up to 5 pages available to scroll between. Once you are setup you would go into settings and (I think) it is Gauge Selection.

If you have selected the correct vehicle type, assuming it will be DMAX L5P but I have the 3.0 liter so I am not sure what yours will be set for. Once you have the correct vehicle type selected you should find what you are looking for in the Gauge Selection section in one of 2 ways, but the easiest I think is to pick 'Category' and then 'Emissions' and then scroll through to find (I think) 'DPF SL %', which will be the soot level, there is also 'DPF RG %' which is the regen trigger that monitors all the regen trigger parameters (soot, distance, fuel used, time) and reports a reading that is tracking the highest offender leading to a regen. Usually the regen trigger will be equal to or maybe +1% from soot, but say you are on a longer trip and the EGT's get hot enough to start doing passive regen, your soot may go down or stop climbing, but the other triggers are still going up (time, distance, fuel used) so it could read higher than soot load will in that scenario.

Another one you will want is (I think) REGEN or something like that, it will say OFF when the truck is not in regen and ACT when the truck is in regen, temps will start rising in the exhaust and a regen will begin shortly after the Regen Trigger (DPF RG %) hits 100% regardless of what the DPF SL % is.

I am pretty familiar with the iDash since I have had my Data Monster for about 3 years, any questions let me know and I will be glad to help. Keep one other thing in mind, the older trucks that are Global A architecture (old style dash) will have more capabilities than our newer trucks running the Global B architecture (new refreshed interior), Banks is still trying to tame that beast.

I don't have a pic of my current first screen settings but it is this group with the DPFTIM MIN reading replaced with TC SLIP (Torque Converter Slip)

View attachment 12385

View attachment 12385
@HighTechPauper This is super helpful. I have had an iDash for a while and did not know about these additional emission gauges.

Got mine setup and it's sweet!

The only field I can't seem to find after searching is the DPFTIM MIN. Where'd you find that?

Most Member Reactions

Back