BEM cap-less fuel fill locking cap

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
For anyone who may be interested, looks like the 22-24 1500/2500 gas caps are ready.
I can tell you from experience, even though they aren't inexpensive, this limited run will be gone fairly quickly.
Diesel/DEF cap sets for the 2500 and 3500 should be available around mid March.
@AXE, you may be interested iirc?

1708129116187.png

1708129759286.png

Why do I need one?
I guess they are for people concerned about someone putting something bad in their tank? Most all newer vehicles have a anti siphon screen in the fuel neck. Besides anyone I know who have had fuel stolen. It was done by punching a hole in the bottom of the tank and just draining it out.

I don't really care about a lock, But personally I'd kind of like to have a fuel cap. Dirt/dust gets behind the fuel door. No fuel cap makes it a little sketchy spraying water in there to clean. Besides every time I get fuel, I'm rinsing off what ever dirt is on that flap straight into the tank. I've never thought unscrewing a fuel cap was big deal. Never even gave a fuel cap a second thought. Now though every time I fill up and it's dusty in there, I sure do think about not having a fuel cap, lol.

Yeah for me it's for security, vandalism, and keeping my fuel clean...... just seems like there should be one. If the fuel door locked, I wouldn't sweat it as much.
You don’t want a locking fuel door. My wife’s vette has one and the actuator that unlocks it recently failed and she couldn’t put gas in the car. She got it to the dealership and it ran out when they were pulling it out of the bay.

You don’t want a locking fuel door. My wife’s vette has one and the actuator that unlocks it recently failed and she couldn’t put gas in the car. She got it to the dealership and it ran out when they were pulling it out of the bay.
Put a key on it! I've got 15 of them on my camper.

I don’t know that anyone needs these, I live between DC and Baltimore, so it is small peace of mind that it is harder to put anything into the tanks, and that includes a well meaning wife or friend that might accidentally put gas in. I posted just as an FYI.
Lol, Well there is your problem, Don't let your wife for friends drive your truck 😅

Lol, Well there is your problem, Don't let your wife for friends drive your truck 😅
Nobody has driven it yet except my oldest grandson moved it to the driveway from across the street last Friday, but I can't rule out the wife using it at some point, she used the last one a couple times, so the cap set is a whole lot cheaper than a divorce attorney. It is also a material object, I put people a little above materialistic things, sometimes it is better to be nice than to be right.

@AXE, they have some in stock now if you’re interested, the set isn’t cheap, but it might be worth the peace of mind, and certainly cheaper than a fuel or DEF related repair.

View attachment 11608

View attachment 11609
Thanks for the heads up, you the man! I would have been sleeping on it. I got a set coming.

Best damned $198 this truck has seen.

II'll tell you what's a rip off...... plastic fuel doors and caps on my $93k truck. Fuck everything ever that's plastic that should be metal.

Last edited:
Many people seem to think that way, their time and talent is worth a million dollars a minute, while others are only worth a penny a year, that's the great thing here, nobody is forced into anything, and they will still sell out in a matter of a few days.

Not every one is rich enough to say, I don't care if guac is extra like you @AXE
:ROFLMAO: says the guy who bought the most expensive 1500 Chevy model made! Try dropping the Bison and get the guac you hard ass! :LOL:

Most Member Reactions

Back