Bison Bumper Fitment

AXE

Reaction score
I just noticed my rear Bison bumper doesn't fit squarely on passengers side. You can see in these photos that the drivers side appears normal at about 7/8 inch gap between lower corner of bumper and quarter panel. While the passenger side was almost up against the quarter panel. The top portion of bumper is not as bad.

The mounts underneath are pretty solid with a direct mount into frame and the outer corners has a heavy brace from corner to frame.

I think the damn bumper is out of square. Not sure if there is much of a fix other than a new bumper replacement. I did put a tow strap and a come along on it and pulled it rearward some, but it's still not quite right.

Take a look at your Bison bumpers and let me know if you see any variability in them.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240218_084125_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240218_084125_Gallery.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20
  • SmartSelect_20240218_083454_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240218_083454_Gallery.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Before I buy anything...I always look over the vehicle in a very meticulous manner looking for paint issues, fit and finish issues, etc. I will not buy anything that isn't "perfect" unless I am confident the issue(s) can be easily rectified and they give me a better deal to take it off their hands today. I also only look at vehicles on a nice sunny day. Shade or looking over a vehicle in the shop area will not reveal many imperfections. If I only looked for perfection, I would never buy a vehicle so you have to clearly assess the situation and not let your emotions of buying a new vechicle get the better of you.

Reactions: AXE
I'd never be able to buy a GM vehicle if I was looking for perfection. They are imperfect in every way. I always find shit as the days go by.

Go look at the edge of your hood near the wipers and look at that nasty rough edge on the sheet metal. My list would be 7 pages long for stuff like that, it's just how it is on cheaply made expensive vehicles.

Most Member Reactions

Back