BlackVue 900X 2 Channel Clean hardwire Install

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
Just installed the BlackVue 900X 2 Channel works great! Looks great! Special thanks to @securityguy for tips and tricks to make this install clean and easy.

Attachments

• Dash Cam Front 1.jpg
    Dash Cam Front 1.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Dash Cam Front 2.jpg
    Dash Cam Front 2.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Dash Cam Front 3.jpg
    Dash Cam Front 3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Dash Cam Front 4.jpg
    Dash Cam Front 4.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Dash Cam Wiring 1.jpg
    Dash Cam Wiring 1.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 175
  • Dash Cam Wiring 2.jpg
    Dash Cam Wiring 2.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Front Cam 1.jpg
    Front Cam 1.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Front Cam 2.jpg
    Front Cam 2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Rear Cam 1.jpg
    Rear Cam 1.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Rear Cam 2.jpg
    Rear Cam 2.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 162
Just installed the BlackVue 900X 2 Channel works great! Looks great! Special thanks to @securityguy for tips and tricks to make this install clean and easy.
I was looking into the same dash cam. I want to hard install it Just like this. I have never had a dash cam before but really considering one. Once you have some time with this setup would like to hear your thoughts on the blackvue 900x. very clean install BTW

There is a lot of extra wiring which I understand everyone's run will not be the same so I will go back in there tomorrow and see if I can find a better place and tie up some of that extra footage and I do mean footage it's like 6 extra feet lol. I will be sure to let you know how it goes so far seems great drove around a bit and tested parking mode both worked and looked great.

I was looking into the same dash cam. I want to hard install it Just like this. I have never had a dash cam before but really considering one. Once you have some time with this setup would like to hear your thoughts on the blackvue 900x. very clean install BTW
I have been installing dash cams since they became available. Blackvue and Thinkware are TOP-TIER. I, personally, am a Blackvue guy. The VIOFI A139 is also a very good camera and should be looked into as well. If you stick with Blackvue, Thinkware or Viofo, you will not go wrong. The quality of BV and TW is higher than Viofo. I am happy to help anyone interested in installing a dash cam. In todays world, not having a dash cam is just idiotic IMPO...too many crazy drivers and this is cheap insurance.

There is a lot of extra wiring which I understand everyone's run will not be the same so I will go back in there tomorrow and see if I can find a better place and tie up some of that extra footage and I do mean footage it's like 6 extra feet lol. I will be sure to let you know how it goes so far seems great drove around a bit and tested parking mode both worked and looked great.
Yeah it always seems like I run into this problem of having so much extra wire. I know it because it so universal but always make me think I run the cable the wrong way lol

I have been installing dash cams since they became available. Blackvue and Thinkware are TOP-TIER. I, personally, am a Blackvue guy. The VIOFI A139 is also a very good camera and should be looked into as well. If you stick with Blackvue, Thinkware or Viofo, you will not go wrong. The quality of BV and TW is higher than Viofo. I am happy to help anyone interested in installing a dash cam. In todays world, not having a dash cam is just idiotic IMPO...too many crazy drivers and this is cheap insurance.
This is exactly why I am wanting one the shit I see on the road and wished I had a cam. Luckily I have not been involved with anything but just seems like a great investment for the money. I looked into Thinkwear but just kinda like the overall look of the Blackview. I really think I’m going to order mine will be next week probably. If I do and you really don’t mind I’ll have to reach out for some help just to make sure I tie it into the right spot. I would appreciate anything

This is exactly why I am wanting one the shit I see on the road and wished I had a cam. Luckily I have not been involved with anything but just seems like a great investment for the money. I looked into Thinkwear but just kinda like the overall look of the Blackview. I really think I’m going to order mine will be next week probably. If I do and you really don’t mind I’ll have to reach out for some help just to make sure I tie it into the right spot. I would appreciate anything
The best source I’ve found is www.thedashcamstore.com

I have a Blackvue in the truck and a Thinkware in the Camaro. I'd say the Thinkware is slightly better for image quality but the Blackvue blows it away in everything else.

That is the bolt I used for ground and this fuse box was used for the rest of the wiring as well and it is on the passenger side by glovebox.

Attachments

• Dash Cam Wiring 1.jpg
    Dash Cam Wiring 1.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 32
I was just in the garage wiring my 750 up. Why did you use that fuse? Is it on all the time?

I was going to use the RT/LT Spot Light one right above it. Not sure about draining the battery down since my truck isn't my daily. Its a micro 3 so that circuit is monitored but not sure if it would affect the battery.

If you want more adjustability with you mounting, I highly recommend https://blendmount.com/ Ive bombed down the Dempster highway to the artic ocean and my camera didnt budge. Got some great road trip video that trip

I am not privy to all of the features in all of the cameras... For mine you need 1 on all the time and another on only when the vehicle is on my model has a parking mode that would need power while the vehicle is off. The specific fuses I used were recommended by @securityguy who has been doing this stuff for years. Basically you want to use fuses that are least important to other main functions of the vehicle easy to access and provide both power options is my understanding.

Yes the truck monitors voltage levels on different circuits on the lin bus to the different modules and controllers. Im just going to wire a switch in and have the best of both worlds I think on the spotlight circuit. I dont think the BCM will be looking at that

Yes the truck monitors voltage levels on different circuits on the lin bus to the different modules and controllers. Im just going to wire a switch in and have the best of both worlds I think on the spotlight circuit. I dont think the BCM will be looking at that
Don't over think it.

Most Member Reactions

Back