Borla S-Type vs Touring measurements

bruss

Reaction score
Who here has the S-type and wouldn’t mind pulling some measurements for me? I purchased the Touring cat back system and I am already wanting to go a bit louder. I am curious if I can reuse the front pipe and only replace the muffler. In my head, I am thinking that the shorty S-Type muffler and resonator should be about the same size as the huge touring muffler.

Can someone measure their front pipe from the factory clamp to the muffler and then also measure the muffler and resonator? I am trying to get away with only purchasing the muffler and resonator if possible.

Who here has the S-type and wouldn’t mind pulling some measurements for me? I purchased the Touring cat back system and I am already wanting to go a bit louder. I am curious if I can reuse the front pipe and only replace the muffler. In my head, I am thinking that the shorty S-Type muffler and resonator should be about the same size as the huge touring muffler.

Can someone measure their front pipe from the factory clamp to the muffler and then also measure the muffler and resonator? I am trying to get away with only purchasing the muffler and resonator if possible.
I used the "S". Although I had the whole cat back system. I never saw a touring version listed. I know that stock system probably weighed 50 - 60 pounds. The "S", sounded good through the gears and really quiet cruising on the interstate. Raspy on cold start for maybe 45 seconds.

Reactions: AXE
Check the Borla website as I recall that the touring could be upgraded to the S with a muffler or resonator swap.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back