Buzzing exhaust

Might want to check you great shields. Some trucks have been bent and vibrating. Also check clearance around other parts to make sure there isn't any rubbing.

I had contact with the heat shield around the spare tire. I dropped the tire and bent the heat shield away from the exhaust.

You would be surprised at the amount of exhaust movement at low rpms.

I did try tightening the spare heat shield, but it didn’t fix it. I dropped it at the dealer.

I had a good list going: loose review mirror, wheel well liners out of place, park brake button seems loose, etc.

Funny thing is you really can barely hear it inside—I guess because of the noise canceling feature.

Dealer said it was the exhaust hitting the spare tire heat shield. They loosened the exahust, and retightened it with more margin. We shall see if they were successful.

Dealer said it was the exhaust hitting the spare tire heat shield. They loosened the exahust, and retightened it with more margin. We shall see if they were successful.
I had the exact same problem and it was the heat shield indeed. I went ahead and fixed it myself since I didn't want to seat around the dealer for 2 to 3 hours waiting around.

Wow, this is a great resource. Just bought my ZR2 and was having the same issue. Made a video and played it for the service rep and his response was, I don't hear anything abnormal. Had him come out to the bay and started it up, and he says, yeah that's not normal. He was full of attitude and I felt like a burden, talked to service manager and he was telling me it was probably normal. So made the decision that I would try a different dealership and never go back there again.

Then found this forum and AmazinglySmooth's video and it is the same sound and issue. So now I know at least what to tell the next service center.

Attachments

• 20240119_102557_6251762745530 (1).mp4
    6.9 MB
Definitely something wrong with service department and that exhust rub is somewhat common and easy to fix.

Most Member Reactions

Back