Can you install a hardwired dash cam without messing up collision avoidance system?

JSqueezy

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Trail Boss that features a collision avoidance system (CAS). The CAS uses proximity to warn you that you're too close or something is ahead of you in the road and relies on a camera behind the windshield in the area near the rear view mirror.

I want to install an after-market dash camera like this one, that claims to be compatible for hardwiring into that same area behind the windshield.

My question is: Will installing the dash camera interfere with or cause malfunction with the CAS?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a 2022 Trail Boss that features a collision avoidance system (CAS). The CAS uses proximity to warn you that you're too close or something is ahead of you in the road and relies on a camera behind the windshield in the area near the rear view mirror.

I want to install an after-market dash camera like this one, that claims to be compatible for hardwiring into that same area behind the windshield.

My question is: Will installing the dash camera interfere with or cause malfunction with the CAS?
Nope. You’ll be fine.

I have been professionally installing car electronics for over 40 years. I've been installing dash cams for about 15. Happy to help if you need it.

ZR2 install.jpg

ZR2 install2.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Back