CEL after failed remote start

Captain Tuttle

Reaction score
1100 miles, just over 30 days from taking delivery. đź‘Ž

I have a CEL on now after remote start failed. Went to start it normally and engine started but CEL still on.

Will call dealer in the morning for service appt. But, until then, any ideas what it could be.

Dash has no additional info to get codes or diagnostic other than the CEL.

Remote start failed cause you had a CEL. CEL came first. It's a protective measure to prevent startup in case there was a serious issue.

Probably just some routine electronic gremlins. There's plenty of software issues on these trucks.

I've had mine since end of October and have had three issues in about 1500 miles. Trailer brake disconnect message in DIC, service park brake message in DiC, CEL with service emissions message in DIC., firc which the CEL code came up as low temp sensor warning. Dealer never really identified the problems, but codes haven't come back.

If you want to buy a code reader from Amazon or eBay, they are pretty inexpensive and you can scan and clear codes with ease. Might help with diagnostics and get you off the side of the road. It's saved my but a couple times in the middle of nowhere on previous rigs.

I got this one, but you can spend $50 and do the same thing.

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/4u9TCxO

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Axe, both excellent posts! I’m hoping it’s something glitchy or a bad fuel injector. With the lifter history, my first thought is always that every time something happens.

Also, ask OnStar to send you a diagnostics report. Call them and let them know your issues and ask them to run a diagnostics test and have them email you the report. Take that report with you to the dealership as to insure that they have it and don’t try to rush through your issues

So, the CEL was off when I started the truck the next day. Must have cleared itself overnight. This was on my way to the dealer who was able to schedule me same day. (Hat tip to Brown Daub Chevy Service in Nazareth).

Service advisor said there was no CEL light on so there isn’t much they can do. They found “P305E: DC/DC Converter Crank Control Circuit Low Voltage” stored and performed the procedure for that which is to check the ground straps on DC circuit. And sent me on my way.

Truck runs fine and I took a 1200 mile trip to FL the following day which the truck did great with. Awesome vehicle for long roadtrip on interstates.

So, I’m writing it off as a glitch and driving on. Just thought I’d let you all know what happened.

Most Member Reactions

Back